Bazz Fuss Debugging - PLEASE HELP!!!

Started by mr.adambeck, June 16, 2009, 09:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.adambeck

Hey no prob, Johno!

I'm just excited I finally got it to work!  I learned a bunch too.

Now I just gotta find a tone control that works good for Bass on it and I'll be 100% done!

JOHNO

Perhaps you could look at Mark Hammers "Stupidly wonderful tone control." I thought you might have trouble with the BMP tone stack as it has alot of signal loss.

Barcode80

FYI, the diode changes the sound because it adds a small amount of feedback into the transistor, without the diode, there is no feedback and thus gain is reduced.

mr.adambeck

Yeah, in messing around on the breadboard with a different diode and an LED, I found it went from Fuzz to a more smooth distortion to an higher gain overdrive.  The diode seemed to really change the crunchiness.

I think the SWTC is the tone I'm going to use, it's been suggested a few times now.  Any suggestions for component values to start with?  Thanks!

Brainbender

Hello, folks!

I'm not sure am i retarded, dumb or what, but i can't wire my Bass Fuss correctly with 3PDT, after I unwired it to put it in an enclosure (it worked previously). Bypass is ok, LED is on, but there's no effect. I used this layouts:

This is how my board looks:

This is a layout i used as a reference to wire it to volume pot:

I used this and Tonepad's wiring diagrams:

Any help would be appreciated! :icon_wink:

mr.adambeck

Just a heads up, If you read this thread you'll notice that the conclusion was that the layout you are using doesn't work properly.  You may want to use the other layout on the bottom of the previous page.

As for wiring the 3pdt, I'm at work, but will try to remember to look into whats up later.

mr.adambeck

As far as I can tell, your 3pdt wiring should work.

here's a thread with multiple links if you want to try other 3pdt wiring

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=75778.msg617943

Brainbender