9V Electric Mistress retrofit with MN3007

Started by Thomeeque, August 06, 2009, 06:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juancra

Hi there!

If I turn the bias preset on one direction I only get dry signal, then I've got about 1/3 of the preset on which I have chorus signal too. I turned the clock pot to one direction and I can hear the sound speeding up, but i'm not listening flanging effect, just chorus. Besides this, I'm not seeing the effect of tweaking the feedback preset, does this play a part on the flanging sound too?

Cheers!

pdub

I successfully built this today. It worked right away! It really sounds cool. Thanks to all who contributed to this great project!

I am trying to get the TZF Daughter board working now and I am running into some problems. Hopefully tomorrow I can figure it out.

Thanks, Charles.

Thomeeque

Quote from: pdub on March 18, 2011, 12:13:39 AM
I successfully built this today. It worked right away! It really sounds cool. Thanks to all who contributed to this great project!

Hi, Charles, that's great, congratulations! (and welcome on this forum! :))

I am trying to get the TZF Daughter board working now and I am running into some problems. Hopefully tomorrow I can figure it out.

Wow, that's even greater :), you'de be the first who would fully verify this board (if you are talking about TZF3007 or TZF3207 module), I hope you'll sort those problems out.

Thanks, Charles.

Thanks for your report and for the photo, cheers, T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

GodSaveMetal

I've made also this pedals two year ago but no photos here is my make up for the PCB:
Complete pedal parts--->>>>>>>>>>

Close up components side:::>>>>>>>>

Solder side complete...>>>>><<

Solder side close up;;;;;;;>>>>>

It's great a jet sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SISKO

Hey godsavemetal, thats a really coll build you got in there! How do you make (transfer) your pcb?
--Is there any body out there??--

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: SISKO on March 18, 2011, 09:23:52 PM
Hey godsavemetal, thats a really coll build you got in there! How do you make (transfer) your pcb?
The Iron method with couchette paper with toner transfer; the toner is by laser print the PCB, you have to iron this in the surface of the cooper PCB and put it in water; for 20 minutes, with your finger applied presion and peel the paper; with a toothbrush the surface an yet you have your PCB like this!!!! I USA you have a paper named PRESS N´PEEL in PERÚ that do not exist!!!!!

ivanmarch

Amazing flanger!!!!!

Just finished it on the breadboard!!!
Working on the first attemp.

Tip for who wants to build one:   spend time to play around with the trim pots!
Bias and clock in particular. U can get many diff. sounds!

Thanks to all who made this happen!!!!!!

I will post few photos soon.

cheers.

ivan

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: jorge r on September 21, 2010, 09:58:11 AM
oldschoolanalog

Here is the send/return version:

http://www.4shared.com/document/xNi5MG7d/Mistress_MN3007_SendRet.html

Please Jorge r I want to make this whit the booster; but I don't understand how to do with the send/return and the out1 or out2; I think it would be with a 2dpt but how to active it with the MISTRESS?? I've made the one with no booster and the signal is very low!!! and these with the booster it will be better!!! please can you help??? thanks a lot it's a great job!!!!

Marcos Camara

The booster used in the Mistress is this:

http://www.4shared.com/document/Ak1WXK5d/Mini_Booster_EH.html

You can make an external PCB.

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: Marcos Camara on April 18, 2011, 08:48:29 AM
The booster used in the Mistress is this:

http://www.4shared.com/document/Ak1WXK5d/Mini_Booster_EH.html

You can make an external PCB.

Thanks a lot my friend; but I'm want an explanation of the mistress that already have a booster integrated the PCB how I connect the send return and the out 1 and the out 2 in the layout of JORGE????

Marcos Camara

Remove the terminal of the capacitor of 220nF who joins of 100nF. In the end what remains of the 220nF you turn on the return. On the island was cut off one end of the 220nF cap, solder wire send.

Output 1, normal with no booster;
Output 2, with booster.

I do not know if that's what you want?

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: Marcos Camara on April 18, 2011, 12:21:22 PM
Remove the terminal of the capacitor of 220nF who joins of 100nF. In the end what remains of the 220nF you turn on the return. On the island was cut off one end of the 220nF cap, solder wire send.

Output 1, normal with no booster;
Output 2, with booster.

I do not know if that's what you want?

I want to make the booster send return with a 2PDT footswitch, I can do that???; thanks if I can use one of the out lugs for that??? I appreciate a drawing explanation; thanks a lot for it!!!!!

Marcos Camara

GodSaveMetal

Quote from: Marcos Camara on April 18, 2011, 01:19:27 PM
I'll make a design for easier then.

OK man thanks a lot!!! it is a great pedal!!! and function with 9V!!!!

n.d

Obrigado, Jorge.

n.d

Hey: I'd like to add a CV in, to override the LFO with the S+H signal from a FSH clone. Where do I have to interrupt the signal and put the one from the FSH? What voltage values must this be (range, I mean)?
Thanks.

JRM

Guys, I'm in trouble again with this: after a long journey drilling and soldering the easiest to find parts I've started to order the hardest ones online and I have two versions of the CD4049, one Buffered and other Unbuffered. Which one should I buy for the MN3207 version of this pedal? I couldn't find the different datasheets on tge web.
I'm ordering from Banzai and you can see the two versions here: http://www.banzaimusic.com/CMOS-4000-Series/

oldschoolanalog

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

JRM

Thank's Dave! A lot. I was completly lost.