[Debug] Hot cake bypass issue

Started by Germanium_Boy, December 26, 2017, 08:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Germanium_Boy

Hi, everyone!

I have an issue with an overdrive, a Hot Cake clone, that I've never experienced before.

It should be a trouble with the 3DPT (true bypass pedal), or a ground loop, I don't know...

When the effect is engaged, is sounds as it is expected. Pretty good, by the way. The trouble is when is in bypass mod. The signal is muddy (not treble content as usual). And, the most strange... the signal es clean, but twisting the volume knob affect the volume of the bypass signal... increasing the gain makes the signal turn into some high-spitch oscillation... so some part of the effect signal is leaking into the bypass... but, by any means, the bypass signal sounds overdriven or distorted. It's pretty clean.

So I don't know how to face the trouble. Maybe a faulty switch? A trouble with the input jack? Some ground loop?

Thanks for your time and help, and excuse me, because English is not my first language...

Regards!

duck_arse

use the universal language, Ge_B, pictures. post some photos of your build, and the off board parts, and the circuit dia you used, we might see something. we'll be telling you to use the meter for resistance checks, too.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.