News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

OT Pictures!

Started by JKowalski, August 18, 2009, 01:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikemaddux

Can't remember if i've posted this before........finished it as my first music related electronics project....the best way to describe it is a circuit bent signal generator kit.

It works like a dual LDR controlled patchable monophonic synth - patch cables are 1/8" cables that give you different tones/pitches/sounds and switches from sine/triangle/square wave

I'll try to post a demo video of it soon on my youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/goodfreshie
Completed Builds: A lot...

cloudscapes

pickguard, and body refinish

here's how it looked like before:

the pickguard was toughest. completelly DIY. traced the existing pickguard's outline with my camera + lots of perspective correction in Photoshop. applied graphic and printed it to two sheets. applied a bunch of clear spray to "waterproof" it somewhat, so that the epoxy resin wouldn't darken the paper too much as it fused with it. oozed the epoxy into a kind of mold (took three tries and $40 worth of epoxy), let it harden, and finally cut it with scissors and a dremel saw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

John Lyons

I like it!! But you know I like your style... ;)
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

mth5044

Ah Tape that is great, so good!

cloudscapes

note to those who may be confused. I dislike the look of new-ness and shinyness, and I LOVE the used grainy rusty beat up look!  ;)
I bought that cheap guitar with the direct intent of beating and sanding it to hell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Steve Mavronis

The pickguard graphic is cool. It reminded me of those subatomic particle images! Was that your inspiration?

Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

cloudscapes

that's exactly it! I love listening/reading/watching about particle/theoretical physics, even though I'm a complete amateur about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Hides-His-Eyes

Well, as a physicist I have to say I think it's fantastic. :)

Kitarist

Quote from: cloudscapes on June 09, 2010, 06:21:10 PM
that's exactly it! I love listening/reading/watching about particle/theoretical physics, even though I'm a complete amateur about it.

How did you refinish guitar like that it looks awesome!!!

kupfer_m

Hi,

These are some DIY tube amplifiers :

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

mikemaddux

Quote from: kupfer_m on August 10, 2010, 02:17:48 PM
Hi,

These are some DIY tube amplifiers :

Oh my.......that is sexy.... :o
Completed Builds: A lot...

a soBer Newt

Perrow

I'll add another amp project, my "Noisy Cricket in a Box".

Still got the labeling to do and some sort of finish, probably'll just add a clearcoat after labels.

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

JKowalski

Quote from: Perrow on October 31, 2010, 11:01:04 AM
I'll add another amp project, my "Noisy Cricket in a Box".

Still got the labeling to do and some sort of finish, probably'll just add a clearcoat after labels.

I love it! Very well done. Perhaps some sort of circular speaker grill would look nice & help with protection?

John Lyons

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

a soBer Newt

I forgot to specify that my photos are of my HP 132A Dual Beam oscilloscope and of an old capacitor tester

John Lyons

I could see that some of them were not "builds" but some looked like
they could be vintage/modern. None the less, nice pics.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

jonnyeye

Scrap wood, $5 worth of hardware, a few hours of time...

(and I made my own piano?)

Perrow

Quote from: JKowalski on October 31, 2010, 01:17:46 PM
I love it! Very well done. Perhaps some sort of circular speaker grill would look nice & help with protection?
Yeah, I've been looking for a proper sized fan grill (ie. from computer fans) but my input and output jacks are less than perfectly placed for them to work  :(

Still looking though.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)