Previous topic - Next topic

~arph

No, actually...

NEAT IDEA  :o
Expect this soon

alparent

Really! Man you just made my day!

~arph

The hard part will be the code that checks for the connected nodes. The graphics are relatively easy.
I'll start on this when I get some time and when I'm sure that perf is stable too.

~arph

alparent

And now it's going even harder to wait!  :'(

alparent

I would change the LED icon to differentiate it from the diode icon. Add the 2 little arrows pointing up.

tomtom

Very very nice, I love it.

For my use I would love to be able to select smaller resistors (3 pin instead of 4)
and switching between classic and 1% tolerance color code (one more band).

Also, it could be nice to choose capacitors colors, this way it will be easy to select
one color for one material (mica vs MKT for exemple).

Inline multiturns trimmers too !!

With the breadboard option it might be the ultimate working tool, at least for me.

Thanks !!

~arph

Thanks for the kind words.

Resistors can be any size. Once there are less then two holes inbetween the legs, it places them upright.
Also, the trimmers can be adapted to any size you like. You can drag the individual legs to any place. So inline pinout is allready possible.

The resistor band, and cap color suggestions are certainlly good points I can pick up.

I'll keep posting here.

ulysses

i had a quick play with this- looks good-

here are my thoughts ;)
-trace cuts under components are too hard to see- suggest making them wider and also with a red cross (so you can see the cut under components- all the others breadboarding apps do this, it works well
-the delete button (del) doesnt function- i selected the "arrow" cursor from the top, selected a component and then pressed "Del" on the keyboard- this did not delete the component- i figured out that you need to select "delete" from a pull down menu, and then what ever you click on from then on gets deleted- i suggest you change it so there is an "X" button that you can click on next to the "cursor" button to turn the cursor into an "X icon" or an "eraser icon" and then you can use your cursor to delete objects.
-the text is hard to read on the components- suggest putting a 1px stroke around the text or making the colours more plain and generic
-the current colours look pretty, but are hard to work with- suggest plainer solid colours

best of luck with it-

cheers, ulysses-

~arph

Quote from: ulysses on February 02, 2010, 04:26:09 AM
-trace cuts under components are too hard to see- suggest making them wider and also with a red cross (so you can see the cut under components- all the others breadboarding apps do this, it works well
-the current colours look pretty, but are hard to work with- suggest plainer solid colours

Try the slider, bottom right in the statubar. It sets the component opacity, this way you can see where the cuts are.
Plus there are separate image exports for both tracecuts and component view, so when you are going to make the layout you can clearly see where to cut

-the delete button (del) doesnt function- i selected the "arrow" cursor from the top, selected a component and then pressed "Del" on the keyboard- this did not delete the component- i figured out that you need to select "delete" from a pull down menu, and then what ever you click on from then on gets deleted- i suggest you change it so there is an "X" button that you can click on next to the "cursor" button to turn the cursor into an "X icon" or an "eraser icon" and then you can use your cursor to delete objects.

Del button is something on my list, but there is actually a delete button and it allready is besides the "cursor" button. It has an icon of a trashcan, I guess it should be more obvious. On the other hand ALL the icons need work.

-the text is hard to read on the components- suggest putting a 1px stroke around the text or making the colours more plain and generic

Agreed, needs work.
Thanks for the input!

~arph

Breadboard option is available!  ;D

alparent

So sweet!!!
Man your fast!

Would it be a big deal to be able to display the component list under the board so when you export to print you get the board and list on the same page?

Great work by the way!

I can't find the TEST button???
You know the one where you plug your guitar in your computer's sound card's input and listen to what your effect sounds like. Then you can change things around and listen to the changes.  Or maybe you are stile working on that option?  ;D I wish!

~arph

Quote from: alparent on February 02, 2010, 08:28:38 AM
Would it be a big deal to be able to display the component list under the board so when you export to print you get the board and list on the same page?

That is on my list.. so it will get done eventually

alparent

Any plans of adding off board components? Like Jacks, switches, battery?

~arph

Pots and wire are allready available, jacks and switches are in the making.. battery...er.. why?

~arph

Sparked by a PM. I did a quick release of what I have done so far.

Now it's possible to:

- Select RGB wire and Cap colors
- Select font size, style and color
- Save as a diyx file.. which indicates that it contains extended diylc functionality. Not sure if the files will open there.
- Added the switch component
- Made text on components stand out with a small outline
- Fixed setting board type when openging a saved file
- IC's with more then 8 pins drawn correctly now
- IC connectivity highlight now works on all pins (usefull for breadboard and perf)
- You can rotate components (through the menu or with the R key)
- Delete button on keyboard works on selected component(s)

Working on Jacks..

Have fun!!

EDIT: tracecuts should be more obious now too..

~arph

Just a quick followup on my previous post.

Is anyone else having trouble with windows 7?  I'm having some serious performance issues. I think I need to update the OpenGL libraries.

isildur100

This is starting to look very good! Good job!

I noticed that when resizing a trim pot, sometimes the center does not follow and ends up on the side of the trim pot.

John

liquids

I love this program!  I wish more people would use it...spread the word.  :)

There is something I just noticed in my recent layout - I started using the switch component.   When I created switches, I added them and placed them 'off-board.'  When I went to open the file today, the components (capacitors) I had connected to the off-board switch were still there, but the switches were gone, as were the jumper wires connecting said components to the switch.  

It does seem the program currently has a particularly hard time with anything off board - oftentimes I have to expand the board size (if it's a full layout) and move a wire or component that needs adjustment to someplace on the board in order to adjust its length or angle.  Then I can put it back where I want it. Adjusting length or angle when one of the points is offboard is finicky at best.

Also, it's an easy work-around, but for perf layouts, wanting to export the 'trace side,' (wonderful feature) you would ideally be including the jumpers, which act as traces for perf.    For now I simply delete the components (much faster and easier to do in this program than DIYlc) and then export the image again as 'component' side.  Then I open it in MS paint, flip it, etc--being very careful not to save the file with the deleted components over the original layout file!    :icon_confused:

That being said, I do prefer working with this program to other layout programs by leaps and bounds, and I also have to say that Arnoud has been incredibly gracious, responsive to tweak or add things when I've offered suggestions.  Thank as always Arnoud, we appreciate your contribution.  :)
Breadboard it!

stcook111

A turret/eyelet board option would be great too........