StripMagic 0.1b

Started by ~arph, September 02, 2009, 06:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~arph

Cool, thanks for the support!

That perf, jumper option can be easily done. Though I want to introduce a trace component that willl be just for that. So in the future we can do PCB layouts too. Switches are just in there since the last release, which was just a quick release of everything done to this point. I does not amaze me that there are still some little wrinkles to iron out..

Regards,

Arnoud

benallison

OH MY GOD!

This is SERIOUSLY kick ass!!!!

The fact that you can hover over a lead and see what other components are connectes is SERIOUSLY amazing. Wow.

The export of a cutting template is amazing too!!!

There are some weird issues when dragging a lead around. Some parts, and the numbers/letters disappear, mostly when you drag a lead onto the other lead of the same component.

Great work. though. This will be my goto for stripboard from now on!

~arph

Thanks for the kind words, I'm aware of the buggy node dragging.. will fix that someday

And this:

Quote from: benallison on May 06, 2010, 04:55:07 PM
The fact that you can hover over a lead and see what other components are connectes is SERIOUSLY amazing. Wow.

Works through jumpers as well  ;D

Regards,

Arnoud

Gregor

Exist offline version? I haven't internet at home.
Thank you for answer

~arph

No I'm sorry, the only way to get it is through the link in my signature.

auden100

Hey, great job on this program. Extremely easy to use. Fast, simple, and effective. I have a few of suggestions/requests, and pardon me if these have already been made. 

a) Separate transparency for the traces/jumpers. The main reason I need transparency is to look at the covered up traces. In fact, I never need to reduce the reduce transparency for traces, unless I just need an exported shot of the component layout (which you have already).

b) The ability to make daughter boards would be great. Guess this might go hand-in-hand with the offboard suggestions others have made.

c) a vertically mounted pot option (as opposed to the present right-angle mount) would be nice, but not crucial.

Thanks again for working on this helpful app, Arnoud.
Illustrator by day. Pedal tinkerer by night.
www.artstation.com/auden

Hides-His-Eyes

am sorry I never knew about this program before. Really nice to use. Thanks!

roseblood11

-What I do very often is taking an existing layout and then try to make it smaller.
For that, it´s a great advantage over diy-layout creator, to be able to select some components with the mouse. But what is really missing is the little box with the "Move up/down/left/right" buttons. Or am I just blind?

-And it would be great to add/erase individual rows/columns. Maybe a command like "Add row after row F"...

-And the bill of materials MUST be visible during component placement. Without that, it´s a blind flight...

-A real shortcoming of DIY-LC is, that a wire and the related text are handled separately. What about this: Make two different component: "simple wire" and "wire with text".
Text would be added left to the wire if the wire ends left to the component board and below the wire if the wire ends below the component board, for example...

regards, Immo

~arph

Good points, thanks

The move box is not there, I chose drag and drop. You can drag single nodes of a component or a whole component when it is selected. Also there is the option to rotate a component from the menu. (right click too I believe, it's been a while since I last used it)

I'll consider your points for the next release (the row/column add/remove sounds like a definite yes)

inizul

Great job on this program, Very nice!

Thanks

liquids

I still have issues with text on the board - maybe it is due to so many icons like trace cuts and traces etc being linked to the same points in so many places, but the way I text 'on the board' causes the program to run slowly and shut down.  So when I get to that point I save it every change or two.  Of course this is problematic because it does not remember the saved file name or location, so I have to hunt it down every time...

However, at this point I can't imagine using anything else anymore!  Great program.
Breadboard it!

smccusker

wow, how did i only just discover this existed?
I almost exclusively use veroboard and this will make my life at least 50 times easier.
Guitar -> Amp

~arph

Thanks for all the kind words, I really need to find me some time again to really improve this program and fix annoying issues like you mention. I have major issues on windows 7, so bad that I can't even work with the app. Maybe there are some smart Java programmers out here so I can share the source and we can all work on it together.

liquids

Breadboard it!

~arph

Renewed interest, as always I need DIYLC activity to start looking at tihs again.

I just ported the whole thing to a  less ancient version of OpenGL, I hope to resolve my Win7 issues and get this thing back on the rails.

liquids

Breadboard it!

bancika

Quote from: ~arph on January 25, 2011, 06:14:37 AM
Renewed interest, as always I need DIYLC activity to start looking at tihs again.

Glad I inspire you to make it even better :) SM is pretty cool little app.
Cheers,
Bane
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

~arph

Thanks!

I look forward to your new version, I still use v1 sometimes  :icon_biggrin:
I like the fact that we can read eachothers threads to come up with improvements or adapt good ideas implemented in the other app. This way we'll end up with two great apps :P

~arph

Quote from: ~arph on January 25, 2011, 06:14:37 AM
I just ported the whole thing to a  less ancient version of OpenGL, I hope to resolve my Win7 issues and get this thing back on the rails.

Yeah, quoting myself  ;D I fixed the Win 7 performance issue.. The coding can commence!

SoundPerf

Yeah, just using it on Win7 64bit with no problems. Great job and Thanks.... :icon_exclaim:
Chris