Is this the trace side or component side?!

Started by c-rok holmes, September 07, 2009, 10:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c-rok holmes

[img][/Users/production/Desktop/ckfolder/les_sim_lo.gif/img]

Just starting my journey into the vast field of electronics and DIY gadgetry.  I'm literally at my bench right now and have started soldering components to my perfboard.  In the attached image is a parts layout for a leslie simulator and my question (which has probably been asked millions of times) is this:
are we looking at the trace side of the board or the component side?  I know it's a common mistake to solder components backwards and I want to make sure I'm laying out correctly.  I've assumed that it's the trace side because the trace lines are darker than the component lines.  Any responses quickly would be much appreciated!

c-rok holmes

Sorry- I realize that I can't post the layout image because of forum restrictions.  So here's the link directly to the layout image: http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/les_sim_lo.gif

bancika

The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

c-rok holmes

aaaaaaargh! i was afraid of that!  time to desolder. 

Ice-9

It looks like component side, but the whole thing is a bit missleading, usually when you can see the components it is the component side, but the lettering on the copperside is not mirror image so that would suggest its trace side.

Even after this explanation i would still say Component side.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

c-rok holmes