Can someone resize a PCB layout for me?

Started by rousejeremy, October 14, 2009, 02:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rousejeremy

I have a PCB layout of a Catalinbread pedal that I need resized. I don't have a printer to test this out and I'm still learning photoshop. I can PM you the file if you are willing to help. Thanks a lot.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Processaurus

Resize a man's image, he can print once, teach a man to resize images...

To precisely size images for these kind of projects in photoshop, use the measuring tool (looks like a ruler, I think it's in with the eyedropper/color select tool) to measure something you know the size of, like DIP IC's, the pin spacing center to center is 100 mils.  You divide what it should be by what it is, and then scale the image by that percentage.

So you can measure say, between 4 pins, it should be 300mils, say it's 500 mils in the image, you divide 300mils by 500mils, and get .6, then go to Image>Image Size, and change the units of the image size to percent, and make the image 60% of it's original size, but uncheck the "resample image" box (so it only changes the scale, not the resolution of the image).  Apply the change, and measure again, and it should be to scale now.

If you're taking it to print it somewhere, I believe the .pdf or .png formats embed the scale, you can do a Save As to get the image in one (or both of those formats).  When printing it make sure in the printer dialog that "scale image to page" or stuff like that is off and it should print exactly to scale.