Author Topic: Putting it INTO a guitar (yeah!)  (Read 6607 times)

miko oyo

Putting it INTO a guitar (yeah!)
« on: September 08, 2009, 06:44:44 AM »
Hey!
I just began electronics with a friend but we kinda get crazy about it.
So we built this project and we were thinking about putting it into a guitar directly :o Don't worry, we have an old cheap guitar we can try this on (and we won't do it on the good ones)!

So I guess we'll just stick to this wiring :

but with a few questions :
1/ I don't think we will put a LED, does it matter if we just remove it (with the resistor) and leave the wiring the same or do we have to change something?
2/ The output jack of the guitar is mono, do we have to replace it with a stereo for the ground?
3/ Do you see any other problem we wouldn't have thought of?

I was thinking of putting everything below the pickguard and just have holes for the pot and the switch and putting the 9v battery on the back (with a battery holder similar to those you can find on basses) with only small holes to have the wires connect to the circuit.

aron

Re: Putting it INTO a guitar (yeah!)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 12:40:57 PM »
Yes, just remove the LED and resistor. Yes, replace the input jack with stereo jack.
Yes it will work, let us know how it goes. GOOD LUCK!

miko oyo

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 02:16:15 PM »
I surely will!
Thanks

miko oyo

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 01:11:33 PM »
Ok, everything is ready to go but there's a problem :
the input jack is a "triple wiring", one to the 9V-, one to the LED and one to the 3PDT, right?
But from the volume pot of my guitar I only have two wires coming because the output jack was mono.
Should I put, as suggested before, a stereo output jack to the guitar and wire the 9V- to its ring? Or is this total nonsense?
It seems logical to me but I don't have much experience  :P

pazuzu

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »
just put a dual ground input jack in (that's what emg's run) , or skip it and wire a spst in the battery ground for circuit breaking, and run the battery ground to everything else.. that's all the double ground does anyways.

feel free to chastise me if i'm wrong guys.