News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Pictures!

Started by Hal, August 23, 2005, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baran Ismen

Quote from: Phend on April 15, 2024, 11:35:09 AMAdding black behind florescent is a good idea.

Actually using a plexiglass is alone a good idea! You can use a transparent one, paint it with any color, laser engrave the design on it, cut the holes and put some leds inside, too.

amptramp

Quote from: Baran Ismen on April 18, 2024, 03:22:00 AM
Quote from: Phend on April 15, 2024, 11:35:09 AMAdding black behind florescent is a good idea.

Actually using a plexiglass is alone a good idea! You can use a transparent one, paint it with any color, laser engrave the design on it, cut the holes and put some leds inside, too.

Make sure you have some means of shielding the circuitry behind the plexiglass.  You can use metal foil or screening to ensure that signals do not get in or out.

Phend

I attach two pieces of acrylic to the top of a 1590BB Hammond box with four screws. The top is clear to protect the floursent piece from scratches. I have etched photographs on clear acrylic. Using the correct techniques they are outstanding. Another project. The neat thing about screwed on "art" is they can be changed in a minute.

Edit: the screws are 4-40 button heads and require drilling and tapping into the 1590 box.
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

Focalized

Lizard Queen. Really like the pedal. Sounds good.

Phend

Working on my next stomp box.
Here is a video of making the top.

https://youtu.be/D6zyGlGQZy4?si=Dd_5KcGX4tAwc1TV

• SUPPORTER+

ElectricDruid

stonerbox

Took a lot of work, but it's done!
There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes

stallik

^ Looks great!
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Phend

Dimension P dual PT2399 Chorus
Lasered top as shown in the above video.
Three switches:
1) Dry
2) 1/2 Voices
3) R2 270 or 100
Reading the DIY thread on the Dimension P suggestions are made to get "some" TZF by making R2 and R5 equal.
The PT2399 chip presumably does not have a slow enough speed, only 30ms, for Flanging.
Adding R2 equal to R5 does give another effect, is it Flanging ? Maybe not, maybe Psydo.
I was able to do an A /B comparison with my old Arion DCF-1 Chorus / Flanger
It has a S M L switch and F-Rate control.
Setting the Arion to M etc... and this PT2399 build to 100 with the depth turned down and Dry off, the two do sound "similar"
All in all a great Stomp Box with lots of nice sounds.

• SUPPORTER+

stallik

Have you tried side illuminating those acrylic tops?
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Phend

Quote from: stallik on Yesterday at 04:56:49 AMHave you tried side illuminating those acrylic tops?
Only with one led and natural light.  So not from the side.
The florescent plastic would light up well with side lighting.
Have to think on how to do that.
Built an Axis Face with lite homemade knobs once.
But lighted pots for that are limited in values.

• SUPPORTER+

stallik

Looks nice

I've seen signs where a single sheet of acrylic is mounted into a slot lined with led's. The slot hides the them but they illuminate the edges of the sheet and any engraving on it. Looks awesome but, its harder to hide the led's on a pedal.

Here's a proximity wah shell that i never got round to completing ::)

bluebunny

Tron Wah

8)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Phend

"I've seen signs where a single sheet of acrylic is mounted into a slot lined with led's."

Yes I have seen those....

• SUPPORTER+

stallik

Phend

Pedal Board, bunch of classics, Peterson Strobe Tuner, Lcheapo silly scope.
Ge makes some noise, always did.
An interesting wall hanging when not is use.

• SUPPORTER+

duck_arse

Quote from: stallik on Yesterday at 12:39:49 PMHere's a proximity wah shell that i never got round to completing ::)

how close to finishing it did you get?
don't make me draw another line.

stallik

Not very close at all. Really should push it back up the project pile