News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Show Your Workbench

Started by DougH, November 16, 2009, 08:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

italianguy63

Quote from: Cozybuilder on May 22, 2016, 07:48:38 AM
Nice! And those table lamps look perfect, my bench needs an upgrade.

After the radiation, my sight is dim.. I need some bright light on the workspace!!   :)
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

duck_arse

looks like henry's chewed through those speaker cables, must be cause of those rude things you said about him.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

italianguy63

Quote from: duck_arse on May 22, 2016, 11:16:33 AM
looks like henry's chewed through those speaker cables, must be cause of those rude things you said about him.

Yes.  You notice he won't hold my probes anymore.   :(

I have to go up in the attic to run the wires for the speakers.  Just haven't gotten that done yet.  That is in the 5% of the house I haven't finished yet.  Soon, I hope.  I want tunes in the workroom.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: italianguy63 on May 22, 2016, 04:41:06 AM
I have finally dug out enough and gotten organized enough to work again!

Some pics of my new digs:

MC

Digging the SRV strat!

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

italianguy63

Thanx!  It's a "PartsCaster" I built.. there is a thread in here (DIY) about it.  MC

alanp

Cheap Bastard Tone And Synth Works. I've soldered up maybe 40 to 50 guitar pedals, and 12U of 126HP of Eurorack gear on this. (Enclosures get drilled at Dad's workshop, using his drill press.)

Lothric

:icon_redface: Ohhhh Gods, I have to clean this mess, I promise but first have to finish Mesa Preamp, SCHecho & Electric Mistress  :P

stallik

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

battery acid

Jeez, everyday I open this thread I think:

"or there is something veeeeeeeery wrong with me, or with the people who post here"

Really, I am UNCAPABLE of building a pedal in such organized workbenches. Gawd, I never posted a picture of mine here because I feel ashamed by the mess, hahahahaha
Lose is more than hesitate

italianguy63

Running out of wall space in the Man Cave... had to hang the new Telecaster, and the Gibson Silverburst....

Stacking them now.

MC

EBK

Quote from: italianguy63 on September 08, 2017, 02:59:09 PM
Running out of wall space in the Man Cave... had to hang the new Telecaster, and the Gibson Silverburst....

Stacking them now.

MC

Are you implying that I should buy those plastic tubs full of Russian germanium transistors, op amps, and broken fuzz circuits so you can hang another guitar?   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

italianguy63

Quote from: EBK on September 08, 2017, 03:51:46 PM
Quote from: italianguy63 on September 08, 2017, 02:59:09 PM

Stacking them now.

MC

Are you implying that I should buy those plastic tubs full of Russian germanium transistors, op amps, and broken fuzz circuits so you can hang another guitar?   :icon_wink:

Yes, that is EXACTLY what I am implying.

The big plastic tubs are actually shipping supplies.

italianguy63

Here is the actual "workbench" side of the man cave.. those Germaniums and OPAMPS are in THOSE bins.  Henry Rollins has been much happier since he no longer has to hold my "probes."  The wood workbench from Harbor Freight has 4 drawers to hold that stuff, along with test equipment.  Speakers on the walls to pump in tunes while I work.. A very comfortable workspace...

MC

duck_arse

where do you keep your battens, itg?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

italianguy63

stallik

My workbench is tucked behind the door in my music room/office. Doesn't feel as small as it looks.
Organised one drawer for resistors. Took ages to print then cut the card only to find I'd missed a load of values which now have to reside in the 'others' section. Wireless Oscope saves a bit of room but with so little space, it gets messy during a build. Or maybe that's just me :)

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Ben N

Stallik, your organizational drive is impressive, but the task is Sisyphean. I have a tackle box for resistors, and put everything with the same first two bands in the same cubicle, but bagged by multiplier. So one segment includes 33R, 330, 3.3k, etc., another has 47R, 47R, 470R, etc. I find this to be a workable compromise, so that when some sundry new value shows its striped little face, I can always find it a home without angst or panic, and it's still easy to find.
BTW, your workbench amp is aptly named.
  • SUPPORTER

stallik

Sisyphean perhaps ;) but truth be told, my eyesight is failing me especially in the small hours. I've been making colour code mistakes recently and thought it might help. Great suggestion though in doubling up multiples, will put that into practice. Of course it's entirely possible that I've already misread the codes and filed everything in the wrong place but hey ho...

Les Turnbull

My collection of vintage test equipment . Must treat myself to a modern scope some time .

hylandren

Quote from: Les Turnbull on January 23, 2018, 01:40:19 PM
My collection of vintage test equipment . Must treat myself to a modern scope some time .

Holy cow!
I'm suddenly feeling very inadequate...
:icon_redface: