News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Show Your Workbench

Started by DougH, November 16, 2009, 08:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudscapes

that it is! a plastic cup hot glued to carboard. I just stick the box to it with a bit of looped tape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

tiges_ tendres

It might be time for me to have a little bit of a tidy:

Try a little tenderness.

glops

Here's my workspace in La.

chip46

Quote from: cloudscapes on June 29, 2011, 12:45:26 PM
that it is! a plastic cup hot glued to carboard. I just stick the box to it with a bit of looped tape.

Where did you get your drill press, and/or what brand/model is it?

Also, same question, but about the drawer orgainzers. Thanks!

cloudscapes

Quote from: chip46 on July 10, 2011, 02:15:51 AM
Where did you get your drill press, and/or what brand/model is it?

Also, same question, but about the drawer orgainzers. Thanks!

canadian tire is the answer for both of them. local hardware store. drill press is a jobmate. I dont really care about brands though. I just got the cheapest one there was at $50. still working fine after 3 years (as it should). any decent sized hardware store or chain should have all of this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

chip46

I don't carry about brands either, just wanted to know who made it so I could compare prices.

I just ordered some more drawer orgainzers but I like the larger drawers on the bottom like yours have. Couldn't find any like that when I was looking. Thanks for the info.

Perrow

Quote from: deadastronaut on May 06, 2011, 08:04:02 AM
Quote from: deadastronaut on May 06, 2011, 05:45:29 AM
@bruno...and the prize for the most tidy diyer goes too......... drumroll...................'bruno' :icon_mrgreen:

erm...and perrow...(you'll have to share it..) :P

No sharing needed, this is a picture from today

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

terminalgs

Quote from: tubelectron on May 20, 2011, 04:08:17 PM
Ah, yes ! Those old testing instruments are true workhorses... And abuse-resistant !

I also see that you have a similar "tube project chassis" as mine, but horizontal, wider, and probably with more features (and maybe a little onboard LV/HV supply).
Here's mine - but I should improve it...

A+!

My tube project chassis has been somewhat replaced with this, although this is more
of a tube tester than a project box.  with it, I can still model different circuits  with
any kind of twin triode noval or octal...

frequencycentral

Just got this, 6" belt sander, nicknamed 'Dust Devil' - sanding enclosures is now quick and painless:

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

Skruffyhound

Make sure you get some kind of dust extraction on that Rick, you don't want shiny boxes and a dull mind.
Looks great, congratulations. Is it in the garden shed?

N.B.Just an old hoover should do the trick if you can find one with the right filters.

frequencycentral

Quote from: Skruffyhound on October 22, 2011, 12:28:30 PM
Make sure you get some kind of dust extraction on that Rick, you don't want shiny boxes and a dull mind.
Looks great, congratulations. Is it in the garden shed?

N.B.Just an old hoover should do the trick if you can find one with the right filters.

Extraction coming up! Of course I'm wearing a (halloween) mask. No it's not the garden shed, it's frequencycentral international headquarters fabrication annex.
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

G. Hoffman

Our belt/disc sander is easily the most used tool in our shop.  It probably sees more use than all the other stationary power tools put together. 

Gabriel

tubelectron

QuoteMy tube project chassis has been somewhat replaced with this, although this is more
of a tube tester than a project box.  with it, I can still model different circuits  with

It seems to be a kind of simulator, right ? Interesting... Which type of circuit can you model on it ? I mean : is it only the classic common cathode amp (with pots in plate, grid, cathode, coupling caps, audio modulation to measure gain, etc...) or any other like a phase splitter or a tremolo oscillator ? Can you couple several stages (hence the multiple sockets) ?

A+!
I apologize for my approximative english writing and understanding !
http://guilhemamplification.jimdofree.com/

a soBer Newt

[/quote]
I want a Tektronix 465

jazbo8

Quote from: terminalgs on August 02, 2011, 12:14:21 PM
Quote from: tubelectron on May 20, 2011, 04:08:17 PM
Ah, yes ! Those old testing instruments are true workhorses... And abuse-resistant !

My tube project chassis has been somewhat replaced with this, although this is more

Could you share the schematic for your tube tester/project box? It looks like a good project for this winter...

Jaz

Perrow

Quote from: jazbo8 on October 27, 2011, 05:47:39 AM

Could you share the schematic for your tube tester/project box? It looks like a good project for this winter...

Jaz

I'd say, cleaning up that workbench looks like a good project for this winter ;D  ;)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

jazbo8

;D

Got clean bench, need new project...
Just completed an AX84 SEL guitar head (still needs a nicer chassis...)

Jaz

DavenPaget

Every single one of my parts is hiding below the table :icon_mrgreen:
Try to spot as many things as possible !
Hiatus

nexekho

I work here so it's technically a workbench.
I made the transistor angry.

Seven64

repairing a xbox dvd drive at the moment. 

project pedals are a boss ds1 in the front, and converting a morley wah into a kay tremolo in the back.  pile of shtuff in the middle.  cleaning soon.