News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Show Your Workbench

Started by DougH, November 16, 2009, 08:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G. Hoffman

Quote from: John Lyons on January 04, 2012, 08:18:05 PM
Just a different technique. By wet sanding I mean sanding wet oil/sprit/poly into the wood.
Filling the grain and pores with the slurry and then wiping back. Many coats lighter grits as you go.
Here's what my attempts look like.

Well, that is not wet sanding, to be sure.  It also is not how guitars are traditionally finished (Nitrocellulose lacquer, sprayed, wet sanded, and polished).  It sounds more like a cross between varnish and french polishing.

Gabriel

bluetubes

DavenPaget

From these :

To this :

Full shot of my room NAO . ( Notice that small LP over there )
OK , the rework station's handle needs a new element therefore the missing metal part .
Hiatus

darron

thought i'd better take a shot while it's not a dump.... you can see the bench!

and a couple of dodgy panoramas:

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

Perrow

So we moved since I posted in this thread, this is my current setup:

Needs some work on organizing storage and something for the V-Amp so I can turn it on and off and use it without it occupying a third of the desk.

The guitar (lower left corner) would also benefit from a sixth string (the high E-string snapped while I tuned it a few days ago, but it makes sounds - at least when the dodgy switch decides to work - so it fills its purpose).

The greatest benefit from this new workspace is that it's about five meters from my front door, the old one was about two hundred meters away. So much easier to steal five minutes worth of soldering when it's close.

The greates problem with this setup is that I put the shelf above the "desk shelf" too low, so my multi bin storage thingie has to reside on the floor, though it does leave a little more space on the desk.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

DavenPaget

I bring out the stops with 4 multimeters now ... ( I just changed how the multimeters are placed now )

But yeah , i do SMD nowadays and have not been doing pedals anymore , that's why i'm a hiatus on here now already .
Hiatus

wavley

How I spent my day yesterday, pulling unpackaged HEMTs off a wafer.

New and exciting innovations in current technology!

Bone is in the fingers.

EccoHollow Art & Sound

eccohollow.bandcamp.com

artifus

Quote from: The Incredible Shrinking ManI was continuing to shrink, to become... what? The infinitesimal? What was I? Still a human being? Or was I the man of the future? If there were other bursts of radiation, other clouds drifting across seas and continents, would other beings follow me into this vast new world? So close — the infinitesimal and the infinite. But suddenly, I knew they were really the two ends of the same concept. The unbelievably small and the unbelievably vast eventually meet — like the closing of a gigantic circle. I looked up, as if somehow I would grasp the heavens. The universe, worlds beyond number, God's silver tapestry spread across the night. And in that moment, I knew the answer to the riddle of the infinite. I had thought in terms of man's own limited dimension. I had presumed upon nature. That existence begins and ends in man's conception, not nature's. And I felt my body dwindling, melting, becoming nothing. My fears melted away. And in their place came acceptance. All this vast majesty of creation, it had to mean something. And then I meant something, too. Yes, smaller than the smallest, I meant something, too. To God, there is no zero. I still exist!

darron

Keppy

I tidied up, since I'm waiting on parts for all my current projects. My bench may never be this clean again!

"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

darron

benches in the last two photos look very similar :)

Seven64

I cleaned!  added the file cabinet, another pen holder so i can use one for tools, and yea.  feels great!

**edit**

havent posted on here since i got rid of my radio shack iron for the hakko fx-888.  i am in love with it!

chromesphere

I have two areas i do work, inside for soldering, building etc, and outside for drilling / painting / powder coating etc.  We recently updated our garage from the bombsite it was, to include a pretty good work area as well.  Doesnt have my soldering iron / components etc in the photo, i do that stuff inside, but thought you might find the garage update interesting.  Excuse my language, but i f!@#ing love it  ;D Unfortunately i dont have a photo of THE VERY BEGINNING.  It wasnt pretty.  Anyway heres a couple of photos of the update:

You can see the compressor, drill press, toaster oven on the bench, theres also a powder coating gun in the corner on the desk.
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube

deadastronaut

^ :icon_eek:

my little corner looks even smaller now... :'( :'( :'( :icon_mrgreen:

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bluebunny

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 11, 2012, 08:18:07 AM
my little corner looks even smaller now... :'( :'( :'( :icon_mrgreen:

You have a whole corner???  You just don't know when you're well off...   :icon_wink:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

deadastronaut

bluebunny

Quote from: deadastronaut on April 11, 2012, 08:44:45 AM
:'( :'( :'( :'(
just to compare... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Like I said, you have a *whole* corner...  ;)

But compact and bijou...
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

chromesphere

Its not what you've got its what you do with it that counts  ;) I dont think I should use winky emoticon after a comment like that...

Nice corner, space well used.  Give me time too, i need to mess it up.  Always starts out neat :D
Pedal Parts Shop                Youtube