News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Show Your Workbench

Started by DougH, November 16, 2009, 08:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Lyons

Are you sure that all of the parts don't just "come together" and collaborate to make an escape from there?

:D :D :D

Looks like my previous shop Joe.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

rousejeremy

The birthplace of the coolest wah pedals on the planet!
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

joegagan

like life, it is a balance of forward momentum, doing what is needed at the moment to keep it moving, not getting bogged down in overly anal organization.
i know where almost everything is, and almost everything i need is within fast reach ( vertical emphasis, fluid tool/ material placement, willingness to mod everything in sight to accomplish tight workspace)

i like to stand while i work.

i like equiv 1000 watts of light shining on the work area ( approx 20% incandesc, 70% curlycue lightbulbs, 10% flouresc)

the middle 'stand' is the stage. a fluid area where different platforms get swapped in and out, but the key thing is that it gets the major work up at eye and hand level, up in the light.

the styrofoam tool storage 'stand' is glued quickly to a heavy piece of tile to keep it stationary. it is poked  full of holes for the tools and new holes get poked or expanded all the time.

final note: the wire rack across the top contains not only wire, but my spool of solder so i never lose the solder. it is always hanging right where it can be grabbed quickly.

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

joegagan

final note # 2. a full range 12" speaker SS keyboard amp pointed directly at my face is on all the time for audtioning/ tuning. i simply plug in/ unplug the qtr inch plug of the cord at the input like an oldtime phone operator, keeps a constant vol for reference on the amp and silences the deal when things not being tested.

( thanks guys, thanks jeremy)
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

.Mike

Quote from: joegagan on September 28, 2012, 12:14:03 PM
like life, it is a balance of forward momentum, doing what is needed at the moment to keep it moving, not getting bogged down in overly anal organization.
i know where almost everything is, and almost everything i need is within fast reach ( vertical emphasis, fluid tool/ material placement, willingness to mod everything in sight to accomplish tight workspace)

i like to stand while i work.

i like equiv 1000 watts of light shining on the work area ( approx 20% incandesc, 70% curlycue lightbulbs, 10% flouresc)

the middle 'stand' is the stage. a fluid area where different platforms get swapped in and out, but the key thing is that it gets the major work up at eye and hand level, up in the light.

the styrofoam tool storage 'stand' is glued quickly to a heavy piece of tile to keep it stationary. it is poked  full of holes for the tools and new holes get poked or expanded all the time.

final note: the wire rack across the top contains not only wire, but my spool of solder so i never lose the solder. it is always hanging right where it can be grabbed quickly.

I tried to use your post to justify my workspace, but it backfired. According to my wife, "If he would spend half the amount of time organizing that he spends philosophizing about not organizing, he would have an organized desk by now."

:P

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

haveyouseenhim

Here's my nest. If you can spot the mj paraphernalia I will send you a fet matcher box I made :icon_mrgreen:   circle it in red and tell me what it is. All 'entries' must be submitted within 24 hours of this post.   (It's medical use, so don't get your panties in a bunch if your against it)

• SUPPORTER
http://www.youtube.com/haveyouseenhim89

I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms.

.Mike

Quote from: haveyouseenhim on September 28, 2012, 06:37:02 PM
... circle it in red and tell me what it is.

I was going to circle the whole image-- this is a DIY forum, and anything can be repurposed with just a few mods.  ;D

Anyway, I think this is a pipe:

If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

haveyouseenhim

that is a homemade tattoo gun. I dont have any tats or anything, although i did use it to decorate this lighter...I just made it to see if i could :icon_lol:

this is what you saw:
  • SUPPORTER

Govmnt_Lacky

Here's my nest. If you can spot the mj paraphernalia I will send you a fet matcher box I made :icon_mrgreen:   circle it in red and tell me what it is. All 'entries' must be submitted within 24 hours of this post.   (It's medical use, so don't get your panties in a bunch if your against it)

On the matress by the pillows. Looks like a hooch box to me  :icon_mrgreen:

Conveniently handy and at eye level for easy access. That's my bet!
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

John Lyons

Here is roughly 3/4 of my shop. (minus the wood shop and painting booth etc)
Scroll to the right it's a long pic.

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 28, 2012, 07:55:30 PM

On the matress by the pillows. Looks like a hooch box to me  :icon_mrgreen:

Conveniently handy and at eye level for easy access. That's my bet!

hooch box? :icon_lol:   good guess but no. that is a box i set my projects on and it has a sliding lid to keep the parts for that particular build inside.
  • SUPPORTER

pakrat

I'll take 2 guesses..... the top one is either your soldering station, or it could be a vaporizer! The bottom right looks like it could be a steamroller or a bong on it's side.

haveyouseenhim

wheres waldo?   you haven't found him yet ;D
  • SUPPORTER

joegagan

ironic. the guy whose username is about have you seen him asking do you see him :icon_smile: :icon_mrgreen: :icon_lol: :icon_idea: :icon_eek: :icon_cool:

haveyouseenhim

I am a mystery wrapped in an enigma :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

joegagan

HEy! you got irony in my enigma! NO! YOu got enigma in my irony. break me off a piece of that bacon-bar.

pakrat

haveyouseenhim

Quote from: joegagan on September 29, 2012, 12:07:41 AM
HEy! you got irony in my enigma! NO! YOu got enigma in my irony. break me off a piece of that bacon-bar.
I laughed at that way more than I should have :icon_lol:
  • SUPPORTER

pakrat

John, your shop is friggin massive!

haveyouseenhim

Im a little scared of John Lyons :o   There's only one thing missing in his shop. And I find this very scarey.

THERE'S NO EXIT  :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER