Author Topic: npn minimal size layout  (Read 8533 times)

pazuzu

npn minimal size layout
« on: December 03, 2009, 02:41:31 PM »
i was just trying the layout creator, thought i would do a familiar circuit. i am out of 22uf caps right now so i can't verify it, but i think it would fit in a guitar. it's a 6x6, the lower 6 in the layout is the bottom jumpers. also i drew it out for a panel mount pot, you could go 5x6 if you wire the pot off the board. let me know if i @#$%ed it up.:)

r1-4 populated in "standing position"

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:04:00 PM by pazuzu »

pazuzu

Re: npn minimal size layout
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 01:15:25 PM »

ok, fixed and verified. for all those that wanted to fit this boost in a guitar it does indeed work. although you can't switch it off without a separate switch.

askwho69

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:56:58 AM »
Hi! nice compact layout! can you show schematics? cant really see where can i link the components?  :icon_rolleyes:
"To live is to die"

pazuzu

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 01:25:46 AM »
the lower view with the leads is supposed to be a super- imposed view. so it's 2 squares. one over the top of the other....i guess. sorry if it's confusing. the intent was to make it the size of a pot to install in a guitar. i have one in my esp actually. maybe i should re draw it double size..
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 01:27:22 AM by pazuzu »

askwho69

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 01:39:33 AM »
oohhh really? i really want to install a booster in guitar.. i have mine but it was a mosfet booster i need something overdirven .. is youre has overdrive on it? like drive booster?
"To live is to die"

DavenPaget

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »
OD makes things significantly larger :P
Leave your od for pedals .
How does your mosfet sound?
i have a alembic stratoblaster in my strat (so apt)
lpb in my ltd M (self soldered of course. -
Hiatus

askwho69

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 12:30:40 AM »
mosfet sounds fat hehehe i install SHO on my guitar and dialed the gain to clean boost only :D
"To live is to die"

pazuzu

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 05:45:09 PM »
Yea I put this in my sons mini strat. The board is no larger than the pot itself. I just pulled the tone pot, it was harder to find room for the battery.