Switch configuration in a Holy Grail..

Started by ExpAnonColin, September 27, 2003, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

I'm fixing one, with no switch, and I need to know what kind to use and how to hook it up.  I'm currently under the impression that it's a SPST, but that cant be right.  Anyone can take a picture or just give me some info?

-Colin

Mark Hammer

I'm assuming you mean the switch that selects the delay type.

The Crstal Semiconductor chip the unit uses is a custom-programmed DSP chip, that accesses whatever is programmed into it via a simple matrix switching scheme if I'm not mistaken.  I've plum forgotten which chip it is, but I do know that if you enter the chip number and "pdf" into Google (perhaps with Crystal Semiconductor as an added search term) you will be able to find the pdf datasheet on the chip and it has some nice clear diagrams of how the switching is wired.

One of the things I'm curious about is whether there are any other programs packed in there that can be tapped by another switch.  I know that many of the early Casio and Yamaha keyboards used the same chips for several models, and simply tapped additional features from the same chip at the next pricepoint.  Perhaps the Holy and Holier share more in common than we think.  I'm just speculating, though.

ExpAnonColin

No no, for some reason the one I've got doesnt have anything labled for the extra switch.  What about the main on/off switch?

puretube

have you found a solution yet?
I don`t have a digi-cam, but maybe I`d open up my HG and have a look...

//www.puretube.com

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: puretubehave you found a solution yet?
I don`t have a digi-cam, but maybe I`d open up my HG and have a look...

//www.puretube.com

Haven't been working on it a lot...  Any help would be appreciated.

-Colim