ZVex Super Hard-On

Started by T1bbles, December 17, 2009, 11:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T1bbles

Hey guys,

Why does the ZVex SHO have three instrument jacks? I've read every bit of info I can find about the SHO on the net, even on the zvex website, but I can't for the life of me find out what the third jack is for ???

Behringer don't do signatures, but if they did, they'd probably stop working mid sen

Auke Haarsma

mth5044

Why not, I guess?

I built it with one in/one out and it works beautifully.

T1bbles

Found a schem, and you're right! Suppose it's handy for running 2 amps, and you might as well, it'll give you more than enough signal boost for splitting.

Any interesting mods for the SHO? Maybe slap some switchable LEDs on the output for optional clipping? It's such a tiny circuit, I can't just leave the rest of the case empty! It's just not in me  ;)
Behringer don't do signatures, but if they did, they'd probably stop working mid sen

mth5044

Quote from: T1bbles on December 17, 2009, 03:14:10 PM
Found a schem, and you're right! Suppose it's handy for running 2 amps, and you might as well, it'll give you more than enough signal boost for splitting.

Any interesting mods for the SHO? Maybe slap some switchable LEDs on the output for optional clipping? It's such a tiny circuit, I can't just leave the rest of the case empty! It's just not in me  ;)

I don't know of any mods, but I put mine in a case with a circuit based on the Zendrive with switchable order. One of my favorite pedals. (it is the red one)(LEDs are actually orange and red)

T1bbles

Think I might follow in that idea and simply stick it in with another larger effect. Justify the use of a whole enclosure lol!

PS. That's one mighty colourful pedal setup you got there; blue, pink, turqoise and yellow cables with blue and red pedals, with the exception of one small black one  :D

Renegadrian

Build a SUPER DUPER! (and I believe Zac had the same tought, se he doubled it just to use some space...)
It sounds quite crazy! I like it.
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!