[Tutorial] Making a Multicolor Etching!

Started by Slade, December 17, 2009, 12:55:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slade

Hi,
I have finished my multicolor etching tutorial and uploaded it to rapidshare.

It's a 20MB file, with high quality pics and step by step instructions.

Maybe there could be wrong words (I'm not a native english spoken, but I do my best...) so if you find anything weird please tell me and I'll correct it. Also if you have doubts about things that aren't in the tutorial you can leave them here and I'll be refreshing the file.

Download PDF

Hope you like it.

Regards,

Fernando.-

chicago_mike

Well I can only download by becoming a premium user. Unfortunately I dont do such things. :icon_neutral:

Slade

What? Can't you download the file as free user?
The file has several downloads but maybe in some countries people can't download from Rapidshare for free.

Well... Any ideas for where could I upload the file?

iaresee

Quote from: Slade on December 17, 2009, 02:27:51 PM

Dropbox! Free, abundant, no silly "sign up" stuff to download. You just post a direct link to the file and you're done.

mth5044

Your results look great! What pedal is that?

Slade

Quote from: iaresee on December 17, 2009, 02:39:55 PM
Quote from: Slade on December 17, 2009, 02:27:51 PM

Dropbox! Free, abundant, no silly "sign up" stuff to download. You just post a direct link to the file and you're done.
Haha! Now I'm uploading the file to Dropbox and you have more space on your account ;) Thanks.

The pedal is a 2s analog sounding delay with 2 PT's and a filter for the repeats.

iaresee

Quote from: Slade on December 17, 2009, 02:50:53 PM
Haha! Now I'm uploading the file to Dropbox and you have more space on your account ;) Thanks.

Right on. I actually think I've maxed out my referral bonus space. It's capped. I'll be buying a subscription after the holidays. It's insanely useful technology. I've even started using it to save diffs automatically on projects as I work because it revisions every change to a file and holds on to them for a useful amount of time.

Nice enclosure BTW. :)

bobp1339

"I love the smell of solder in the morning..."

...Bazz Fuss, EA Trem, Ross Comp, MXR Env Filter, Orange Squeezer, custom bass preamp...
http://chindigband.com

Slade

Thanks, glad you like it!

Here is the optional download site:

Download PDF from Dropbox

Kearns892

Thanks a lot for this Slade! I have been wondering about your technique since I saw your first etch on the picture forum. Your work truly is amazing. I hope to try and replicate it soon enough. I have one question though. The package of photo paper you use says it is for inkjet printers. Do you just use toner anyways and get good results?

BTW I was able to download from rapid share with out becoming a member. In my experience in times of heavy traffic it only allows premium downloads.

KazooMan

WOW!  What an amazing pedal.  I really want to learn how to do etching like you!

I tried both ways to download and got the "must be a premium member" on the rapid share site and the dropbox link gave me an error message that indicated I didn't belong.  I did create a login account, but clicking on your pdf link takes me to the error page and then when I log in I just get to my own file area. 

Anyone know how to get this to work?  I am dying to see the tutorial and order some supplies!

Hupla

Quote from: KazooMan on December 17, 2009, 05:42:35 PM

WOW!  What an amazing pedal.  I really want to learn how to do etching like you!

I tried both ways to download and got the "must be a premium member" on the rapid share site and the dropbox link gave me an error message that indicated I didn't belong.  I did create a login account, but clicking on your pdf link takes me to the error page and then when I log in I just get to my own file area. 

Anyone know how to get this to work?  I am dying to see the tutorial and order some supplies!

Im getting this problem aswell and REALLY wanna see this tutorial
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

Slade

Hmm...
I'll keep uploading the file to different servers, sadly I can't modify the first post and I can only post different posts with the new links.

Answering to Kearns892: This paper is for inkjet printers but can be used with laser printers too, there's no problem with doing it, in fact I think it's better for this because it's High Glossy, really soft paper and the toner transference is faster and more efficient ;)

Hupla

Quote from: Slade on December 17, 2009, 07:00:17 PM
Hmm...
I'll keep uploading the file to different servers, sadly I can't modify the first post and I can only post different posts with the new links.

Answering to Kearns892: This paper is for inkjet printers but can be used with laser printers too, there's no problem with doing it, in fact I think it's better for this because it's High Glossy, really soft paper and the toner transference is faster and more efficient ;)

Hey I got it working from rapid share. One questions, do ink jet printers work? or do you need a laser printer?

Slade

Ok, glad it worked for you. I'm uploading the file to other servers anyway.

You must print the design with a laser printer, inkjet print won't work, just like doing a PCB.

EDIT: New download server: Click Here To Download!

Hupla

Quote from: Slade on December 17, 2009, 07:46:13 PM

You must print the design with a laser printer, inkjet print won't work, just like doing a PCB.

Ah dangit. Im gonna have to find one somewhere =/ I never knew it had to be laser but after all the use of the word "toner" I started to realise ha

Thanks for the tutorial

G. Hoffman

Quote from: Hupla on December 17, 2009, 07:49:31 PM
Quote from: Slade on December 17, 2009, 07:46:13 PM

Ah dangit. Im gonna have to find one somewhere =/ I never knew it had to be laser but after all the use of the word "toner" I started to realise ha

Thanks for the tutorial

You would probably be able to print it up on your inkjet, and take it to a copy shop (Kinko's, in my part of the world) and use a photo copier to get your toner version.  I'd do several, in case your first transfer doesn't work!

Slade - the only grammar thing that stuck in my mind was the word immerge.  You meant immerse.  Emerge means to rise from or as if from an enveloping fluid.  The exact opposite of what you are after.  Immerse means to plunge or dip into a fluid.  I know there were a few others, but they didn't get repeated, and so I didn't remember them. 

Good job, though, for English not being your native language.

Gabriel

Slade

I don't recommend to print the design in a inkjet printer and then photocopy it. The design print is really important, as told in the tutorial, and must be done in a laserprint with very good quality and high density toner to get good results.

Thanks for the correction! I just assumed that word would be correct but I didn't check it  :icon_lol:

ianmgull

Thanks for the tutorial Slade! Very thorough!