Author Topic: Anybody build their Gristleizer yet, comments on it?  (Read 172095 times)

Wingnut

Re: Anybody build their Gristleizer yet, comments on it?
« Reply #520 on: November 22, 2020, 01:20:08 PM »
Here's a pic of the finnished Gristliser, mine was a musicling kit, so there's 6 positions on rotary switch I labelled them D for distortion as you get a grainy distorted signal with no modulation, I will add some diodes to one of them to give a different flavour. Thanks to Taylor for his tireless effort helping everyone out on this massive thread.

Taylor

• Awesome!
  • The clean energy source of the future.
« Reply #521 on: November 23, 2020, 03:37:14 PM »
Looks good! I think it was 11 years ago this month when the first run of this PCB was made. Definitely didn't expect people to still be building them all this time later.

Ben N

• Awesome!
  • Ben N. - really! Now Israel, once Baltimore
« Reply #522 on: November 24, 2020, 07:49:20 AM »
Hang on, Taylor, mine is still at the populated board stage.  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

lulu_joe13

« Reply #523 on: November 24, 2020, 09:11:29 AM »
Taylor, Halloween this year was a cover of Bela Lugosi's Dead and I probably used your Gristleizer on every track. I think I have built 3 of yours and given them to my fave musician friends. There is nothing like it.

Taylor

• Awesome!
  • The clean energy source of the future.
« Reply #524 on: November 24, 2020, 10:23:57 PM »
Taylor, Halloween this year was a cover of Bela Lugosi's Dead and I probably used your Gristleizer on every track. I think I have built 3 of yours and given them to my fave musician friends. There is nothing like it.

Awesome! Obviously the main credit goes to Roy Gwinn for designing the thing way back when, and Chris Carter for popularizing it.

Hang on, Taylor, mine is still at the populated board stage.  :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Oof! Well I'm sure you'll get around to it...  :icon_wink: I have something that I'm working on still, that I originally wrote the code for in 2010. And I have an acoustic musical instrument that I bought wood for in 2007 that I still keep telling myself I'll finish some day.