Kr The gypsy Fuzz type of circuit

Started by harkkam, December 19, 2009, 02:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harkkam

Here is the description for the KR gypsy fuzz "The Gypsy Fuzz is a unique vintage style circuitry that features both pnp & npn silicon transistors for a smoother vintage style fuzz tone. The Gypsy Fuzz has more gain & smoother high end than a typical Fuzz Face & metal type distortion pedals & also cleans up when you roll down your guitars volume control. If you're looking for  a fuzz that sounds smoother that a fuzz but has just a little more bite than an overdrive then look no further -this fuzz is for those who want something in between an overdrive and a fuzz while not having the buzzyness of fuzzes-it give your strat that extra bite"

Are there any fuzz face circuits that have schematics can accomplish that. That have both pnp and npn silicon transistors. And have that kind of smooth fuzzness. The sound clips on his website sound AMAZING.

Tonemonger

Check out Joe Gagan's -"easy face". It uses one silicon and one germanium transistor (saves on germaniums !=cool !)
Im assuming the unit you refer to may be something along those lines.

fuzzo

i guess there's nothing magic in the KR fuzz, juste a typical fuzz face circuit.

I remember having tried a Silicon transistor on Q2 in my Ge fuzz face, and that sounded cool, a mix between both version of fuzz face desing.

rocket

The Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz has a PNP/NPN topology.
The schematic should be around somewhere.