paia hot springs?

Started by doug deeper, December 29, 2009, 07:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doug deeper

does anyone know what model reverb tank is used in these?

jimbeaux

The instructions call for a couple of Accutronics 1FB2B1D tanks. PAIA used to sell these separate from the kit - but it doesn't look like they do that anymore.

Price on EBAY isn't half bad.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Accutronics-Type-1-Spring-Reverb-Tank-NEW_W0QQitemZ250529717422QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a54bc1cae

Cliff Schecht

I'm almost positive we use an Accutronix type 1 like what Jim posted. The best thing to do with regards to just about any questions regarding PAiA is to email Scott Lee at scott@paia.com and ask. He's ultra friendly and is always glad to help out.

Also I guess this is a good place to ask. What do you guys think the marketability of a "hot-rodded" stompbox version of the Hot Springs? Another guy and me at PAiA were tinkering around with this idea and found that the Accutronix tank that we were using (not sure of the model, sorry Doug!!) could withstand quite a bit of kicking and bumping without giving a nasty "CRASH!" sound. The problem we ran into is trying to fit just about ANY reverb tank in an enclosure that wasn't unmanageably large. The test unit did sound quite good though, we just weren't sure how well a $200-$250 floor-based reverb would do on the market.

sean k

Make it big enough to actually put pedals on the top of it, so it acts somewhat like a pedal board and not only will it not get in the way but it'll be advantageous. Getting down to about 40mm would help too.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

aziltz

Some people might go for the idea of an reverb that you COULD kick for the CRASH.  Perhaps take that into consideration?

tiges_ tendres

I would love a floor reverb pedal. 

Currently my solution is I have a reverb tank screwed to the under side of my pedal board, and I run rca cables to the GGG reverb project box.

It's a nice solution, but anytime anybody so much as walks by the pedal board it becomes crash night in spring city.

Here's a pic prior to the installation:

I would be all for Sean K's suggestion as that is pretty much how I have it now.
Try a little tenderness.

Nasse

And I believe instro players who have vintage gear on stage for looks donĀ“t care if reverb is in a big amp top like box, I think they prefer it that way. Fake Fender-style grill fabric is easily available...

I have two shortish and same make spring reverb tanks, and maybe I could try Hot Springs idea with them. For a commercial kit, it might easier or more affordable (in these days when money is tight), if the kit could be purchased without tanks, overseas and international shippin costs rises radically when size and weight rises. If you buy tanks separately, you pay same or more in the end, but maybe wifey does not notice so easily, that you have again made your credit card thinner and skinner. But just thought that if you can have less snap cracle and pop with this kind of arrangement, you maybe can have more if you want, with some nasty modding, thinkin it another way around.
  • SUPPORTER