Author Topic: Pots question.  (Read 6087 times)

deville

Pots question.
« on: December 28, 2009, 11:39:54 AM »
Hi! Im new at this of DIY and i have a silly question about the layouts  :icon_redface:. When the potentiometers are shown in the layouts you see the shaft or the bottom of these and what of the lugs is 1 2 and 3? I hope you help me.Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

stratomaster15

Re: Pots question.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 12:17:58 PM »

There's a quick diagram of the back of a pot, I think that's what you're looking for. Hope that helps!

Hupla

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 12:24:14 PM »

There's a quick diagram of the back of a pot, I think that's what you're looking for. Hope that helps!

Im pretty sure the numbers are the wrong way around in that. At least the way I do them up is with the 1 pin at the bottom, with respect to that diagram.
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

stratomaster15

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:42:41 PM »

Im pretty sure the numbers are the wrong way around in that. At least the way I do them up is with the 1 pin at the bottom, with respect to that diagram.

Do you have the shaft facing up then? I did the beginner's project with the pot that way and it works right...

Hupla

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 12:58:49 PM »

Do you have the shaft facing up then? I did the beginner's project with the pot that way and it works right...

Nope. If that was with the shaft facing upwards it would be right for me. http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_bsiab2_lo.pdf here is an example of offboard wiring and it shows the pots and they are with the back facing outwards and the pins are the other way around.
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

LPDude

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »
Diagram is definitely backward. 3 should be on top and 1 on bottom.

aron

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:28:49 PM »