Help fixing a Whammy 4. Powers off after a few seconds.

Started by Outlaws, February 01, 2010, 05:08:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outlaws

I got a dud of a Whammy pedal.  Stupid thing worked long enough for me to plunk down $100.  Now I find that after a couple minutes the thing turns off.  The guitar signal still passes through like its bypassed.  The LEDs for the rotary section and effect on go out, but the LED for the pedal position is still on.

If I unplug the adapter from the pedal and plug it back it, it comes right back on.  I took off the case and I don't see any broken soldering points.

ppatchmods

original power supply? i ordered a new power supply from digitech and it helped the problem a lot. i've heard that the power supplies are really sensitive and start fading.
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

gshapzira

I'm having the same problem! Though mine sometimes works for an hour straight and sometimes powers off after 10 seconds.
Have no idea where to start with fixing this thing...

ppatchmods

after my last post, mine started acting up again. i took it apart and adjusted some wires and made sure nothing was shorting on the inside. when i put it back together it worked great. i read on another forum in a google search that it might have something to do with shorting board to case. might try to isolate the case with tape or something
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

carrejans

I ordered mine a few weeks ago, online.
I played with it for about an hour. From then on, it doesn't power up.  ???

I contacted the shop severel times through email; still haven't got any answer.
Gonna call them tomorrow. (other country, so long distance call  >:( )