Box labels and decoration

Started by theWicked, February 27, 2010, 08:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theWicked

Hey everybody. I just finished a Vox Top Boost clone pedal from olcircuits and wanted to ask everybody how they usually decorate boxes. Here is the thread where I learned how to do the waterslide decals. http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=6235

My decal cracked and I'm not sure why. The first one didn't have enough clear coat I guess because the ink started to come off in the water. But the second one I was sure was going to be good. Here is the .bmp I printed

Here is what it looked like after application

It doesn't look horrible. With the font and the flag the cracks look like they are supposed to be there. But they didn't form from air bubbles or pushing and pulling to hard they just appeared on there own as soon as the decal was on. The LED hole cut off part of the "C" but I can live with that. The big font is Collateral Damage. Modeled after Ralph Steadman's work, think Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

I should have though out my first build more. I have an AC4H which is pretty much a top boost circuit. But to get good distortion you gotta get fairly loud. This does the trick as far as getting distortion at any volume. That and it it can be turned on and off. But I recently breadboarded a EHX LPB and it essentially gives me the same distortion. Oh well, it was a good time. Any thoughts on the decal cracking?