News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

1st digital pedalboard

Started by richard the sailor, March 11, 2010, 07:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard the sailor

hi everyone, after some analog boxes i'm starting wondering about a digital pedalboard (with no more than 3 Fx):
-Chorus (smallclone-like)
-Delay (like rebote delay but with a better repeats quality)
-grace overdrive (the little R.O.G. project because i love that tone)

i'm a noob in digital fx what do i need?  ???

Thanks

Taylor

Hmm, I'm confused. The Small Clone and ROG Grace are both analog pedals. You want to build digital emulations of these pedals? Why?

Designing good digital distortion that doesn't sound harsh is difficult. But a digital chorus is fairly easy to do.

By far the easiest way to get into digital effects is to buy a PCB from Tonepad of their digital reverb, using the FV-1 chip by Spin Semiconductor. You can download many effects from Spin's website, spimsemi.com. The only problem is that the Tonepad PCB doesn't allow in circuit programming, so you'd need to get the EEPROM programmed by somebody if you don't want to buy the $100 development board. I could possibly help you out with that if you get to that point.

If you started working with the FV-1, it's possible to do digital versions of the effects you talk about, but there is a learning curve. IMO, you'd be much, much better off just building an actual Small Clone and Grace overdrive unless you really want to spend some time learning how to program.