The Worlsd smallest flangers....

Started by solderman, March 20, 2010, 08:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newfish

Wow.

I'm always blown away by this sort of thing.  I would never have thought you could fit such a big circuit in a teeny-tiny box.

Really really well done.
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

solderman

Hi
Thanks' all

There seems to be something dodgy going on here. The part that I have circled  in red seams to be wrong. Or is it the conecction betwee R31 and #7 that is wrong. Or  am I wrong?? If not the diode D6 is shorted why??

Dave
About the pinout I've understand thanks'.

Piet
Your question is way out of my knowledge. I don't even understand it, Sorry 
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

moosapotamus

Quote from: solderman on March 24, 2010, 02:07:56 PM
There seems to be something dodgy going on here. The part that I have circled  in red seams to be wrong. Or is it the conecction betwee R31 and #7 that is wrong. Or  am I wrong?? If not the diode D6 is shorted why??

No, that's a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out! The connection that you have circled in red does not exist on the most recent batch of PCBs that I made available, and should taken out of the schematic.

Thanks!
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

solderman

Hi all

(Thanks' Charlie then its OK)

Below is the PCB layout for the ADA to fit in a Hammond 1590BB box.

I will stress that THEY ARE NOT VERIFIED. I haven't had time to go over them a 2:nd time yet. I will not be able to do that just now cause I'm to busy at work at the moment. But if there are someone who have nothing better to do be my guest ;D

This is what I have done
The circuit is divided in to tree parts;
- PSU is the power supply board that is only to be used by those who want to use 15V by   using a 18V DC PSU or by using a 9V PSU and using a charge pump.
- LFO part that also accommodate the pots
- Audio board made to be used with use both the MN3007 and 3207. BBD can be changed without soldering IF DIP switches are used. Else use jumpers instead. I have removed one or two unnecessary cap in the PSU board. There is separate Vref  IC:s for the LFO and Audio. To save wiring and to isolate possibility of LFO ticking.
All the trim pot:s are oriented so the can be altered even when boxed up On the LFO they are stranding and on the Audio hole throe.     
I have followed the component numbering from the schematics. By me Added caps and resistors have got a number higher than that on the original BOM.

Below are the circuits. Click on them and lager ones will appear.

The +V is in purple (18V yellow) , GND dark green, Vref orange.
On the DIP green=3007 blue=3207

Here are a sloppy drawing of how I plane to box it.

www.soldersound.com

gigimarga

:o Fabulous work!!!  :o

I hope to have time to build one as soon as possible...

oldschoolanalog

Nice stuff! ;D
Where is the odd/even switch going to go on the enclosure?
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Mark Hammer

You get my vote for forum citizen of the year. :icon_biggrin:

solderman

Quote from: oldschoolanalog on March 25, 2010, 12:18:36 PM
Nice stuff! ;D
Where is the odd/even switch going to go on the enclosure?

Any where on the top plenty of room.
I have forgot the LED on the audio board  :o

www.soldersound.com

solderman

www.soldersound.com

quarara

oldschoolanalog

Man sweep jack?
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

solderman

Quote from: oldschoolanalog on March 25, 2010, 02:14:13 PM
Man sweep jack?
I did not fit that in as I did not ewant i t my self. But I might as well leav a Pad so it can be added.

www.soldersound.com

oldschoolanalog

moosapotamus

moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

solderman

Quote from: moosapotamus on March 25, 2010, 07:36:20 PM
Awesome! 8)

Hi
Thank's but the one that should have most credited is you. Without your work with the schematics etc., oldschoolanalog, StephenGiles and numerus of other info sources there would not be an ADA for 3xxx BBD's
My contribution is merely knowing how to read a schematic and transferring it to a layout.

www.soldersound.com

12Bass

I think that this project and the overall spirit of this forum are great!  Nothing like sharing experience and expertise.... building on the backs of others' work.

A small point of note: On the audio board, it looks as if the labeling of the op amp sections is incorrect.  Op amps A&D are on top (pins 1,2,3,12,13,14), while C&D are on the bottom (pins 5,6,7,8,9,10).  Also, FWIW, for somewhat better performance, perhaps it might be worth looking into using quads (LM324) for CV, and duals for the audio stages.  I used dual high performance op amps in my A/DA build (which I adapted to a quad DIP).
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

solderman

Hi
I managed to get some time to go over the layout and corrected some errors I've made. I will try to etch and build this in the next week. I have all components in stock so now time is the only thing that I am in a shortage of. :D
So if there some one who wants to beat me to it, here are the PCB:s in printable versions. The big images in my earlier posts are updated as well. They can be used for layout and wiring. The component names are the same as in the original schematics so the BOM etc in moosapotamus grate PDF still applies here.

As soon as I have built this and verified the layout etc I will put together a complete PDF with everything and explanations etc. until then you have to bear with this as it is. About numbering of the IC.s I have changed the use of Op-amps to fit the layout so they will not correspond to the schematics but use TL072/74 and I thing you will be safe. The JFET is oriented for use of a 2N3819

Audio PCB
http://solderman.fatabur.se/ada/ADA audio PCB.pdf

LFO PCB
http://solderman.fatabur.se/ada/ADA LFO PCB.pdf

PSU PCB
http://solderman.fatabur.se/ada/ADA PSU PCB.pdf

www.soldersound.com

gigimarga

Thank you very much solderman and all of you that you worked on the A/DA Flanger!

I have serious problems to use the PCBs with ground plane (I have a very cheap solder iron), so it's possible to post some "clean" PCBs for the Audio and LFO, as you did for the PSU?

Best regards!

solderman

Quote from: gigimarga on March 28, 2010, 04:40:38 PM
Thank you very much solderman and all of you that you worked on the A/DA Flanger!

I have serious problems to use the PCBs with ground plane (I have a very cheap solder iron), so it's possible to post some "clean" PCBs for the Audio and LFO, as you did for the PSU?

Best regards!

No problemas

Those are not actualy ground plane (not connected) just black to save the etch fluent.

Audio PCB
http://solderman.fatabur.se/ada/ADA audio PCB2.pdf

LFO PCB
http://solderman.fatabur.se/ada/ADA LFO PCB2.pdf

www.soldersound.com

gigimarga

Thx a million times again solderman!