Prunes and Custard?

Started by Rodgre, September 28, 2003, 10:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodgre

Does anyone know what the general basis of this pedal is? I'm not asking for an inethical schematic, but I would like to know what the circuit is doing.

If you haven't tried one, it's a pretty chewy sounding fuzz with some interesting characteristics, especially with it's synthy decay.

In a way it reminds me of a way more user-friendly Uglyface, but more like an octafuzz, without so much of the octave effect.  Anyone have a clue?

Roger

idlefaction

o/~ harmonic generator...   intermodulator! o/~

its name suggests that maybe it does something with the sound to generate more harmonics, then combines the two and distorts the product.  tom e's 'Bronx Cheer' running into a regular fuzz actually sounds remarkably similar, give it a go  :)
Darren
NZ

Rodgre

Thanks!

That's exactly the sort of info I was looking for.

Roger

idlefaction

hehe np  :)

if you wanted something similar, you'd probably want to build a buffer for before it (it works fine without the transformer, just take it out) and a mixer afterwards so you could mix between the dry signal and the bronx cheered signal, then feed the whole thing through some diode clippers.  sounds fun actually, might try it out when i get home  :)
Darren
NZ