Sexying up my Green Ringer

Started by Deep Blue, September 28, 2003, 08:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deep Blue

Ok, I have a Green Ringer.  I put it together a few weeks ago, and over time sort of cannabalized it for parts for other pedals.

Recently, I bought this huge box (bigger than a big muff - about the same length, but 1.5 times as wide) that is covered with colorful jacks and weird writing and all kinds of funky techy stuff.  It really is sweet.

Anyways, I decided to put the two together - the impractical, ugly (in a beauitful way) box with the effect I doubt will ever get used.

Anyways, I was thinking that maybe I should do something more original with the Green Ringer circuit.  I'll probably just start swapping random caps and resistors with random values, but before I do that, can someone give me some advice on where to start?

There's no particular sound I'm looking for.  I just want it to be a little less subtle.  If it turns into a more noticable ring mod, that's fine.  If it turns into a horrible, nasty, mucky Octave from Hell that just totally eats my tone, that's even better.
--Deep Blue
resident newbie

moosapotamus

I recall some cool looking mods in the 21st Century Green Ringer scheme that Christian posted a while ago. But, I don't remember specifically what the mods were, and I can't seem to find the scheme online anywhere. Anybody?

I can say that putting a booster (or high-gain fuzz) in front of the Green Ringer will make it scream real good, tho. 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Marcos - Munky

I have the schematic here and built the effect. If anyone want, I can send the schematic, just tell me the e-mail.

C Bradley

I'll take one of those schematics. I'm at teleman28056@yahoo.com

Chris B
Chris B

Got Fuzz?

Marcos - Munky

bwanasonic

Quote from: moosapotamusI recall some cool looking mods in the 21st Century Green Ringer scheme that Christian posted a while ago. But, I don't remember specifically what the mods were, and I can't seem to find the scheme online anywhere. Anybody?

I can say that putting a booster (or high-gain fuzz) in front of the Green Ringer will make it scream real good, tho. 8)

I like mine *apres fuzz*. Mine seems *voiced* a little higher than I'd like. I'd like it to resonate a little lower without diminishing the octave effect. I tinkered with the input cap and didn't get what I want. I haven't tried increasing the output cap yet. Curious what effect increasing the two caps right before the diodes would have. Or changing the diodes to Ge.

Kerry M