dr boogie's Q5

Started by dorothegreat, March 31, 2010, 08:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorothegreat

hi!

recently finished dr boogie and i wasnt getting any sound after Q5 (no sound on Q5's source).

i've checked for bridges and solder joints, also replaced Q5 with a new FET but still no success  :icon_sad:

it'll help me a lot if anyone with knowledge and/or experience building this one, thanks

dorothegreat

found the problem ;D, the 10k resistor to ground is defective. now my problem is that the volume is really low :icon_sad:

dorothegreat

im happy to report that all is working well AFAIK since im using my pc speakers to test the ckt, i might be able to plug it into an amp really soon. thanks to the other threads that ive read that really helped me in this built

ghostsauce

Congrats!  I built one too and I love it.
It's going to sound very different going through an amp, in a good way.  Plugging a stompbox directly into your computer without going through a cabinet simulator pedal will sound really harsh, I find.

dorothegreat

yeah! i just need to check for a sound with my audio probe, already iased the fets to 4.5v. ill be plugging this to a real amp in the weekend. with the sound i got from the pc speaker i think ill be loving this one  :icon_evil: