i miss my DOD Grunge pedal.

Started by pazuzu, April 09, 2010, 12:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pazuzu

it was my favorite solid state distortion ever, i had it for about 7 years, and then met a fitting end to such an illustrious career.

anyone got one for sale, even a board to rehouse would be awesome. :icon_mrgreen:and yes guys, i am aware of the boogie, got one. just want a blast from the past. i am looking for a model form the nineties, not the new version.

FiveseveN

Quotei am looking for a model form the nineties, not the new version
I've always wondered, is there a difference? Besides the "cabsim" output, of course.
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

pazuzu

i don't rightly know. i tried a new one at a guitar center and it didn't sound the same to me.

isildur100

superferrite

Seriously?!?!

I have always looked askance at it because of the name.   Same thing if it said "punk" pedal, I guess, LOL.
And the buzzsaw sound wasn't what I liked at the time.

They're pretty ubiquitous at the GC and Craigslist around here.
Psychedelic Garage Metal

StereoKills

"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

MikeH

Quote from: pazuzu on April 09, 2010, 12:30:49 AM
...and then met a fitting end to such an illustrious career.

Pyrotechnical mishap?
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

Ry

I'm guessing it was beer-spill related.  Reference the cover of Mudhoney's Superfuzz/Bigmuff.

pazuzu

yea, i spilled a pitcher on it. back before i knew how to fix such things. we played baseball with it afterward.

pazuzu

actually it doesn't look too complicated...

zombiwoof

Are the good sounding ones the older ones with the smaller footswitch, or is that not a good indicator?

Al

jkokura

I'd build one too if you made a good perf layout or PCB from the Schem. I suck at doing that, or I would do it myself. I have to buy RG's book one of these days...

Jacob

pazuzu

yea, the good sounding ones were before they went with the boss style case, but the switch without the visible socket head allen bolts. i found one on ebay for 20$ shipped, just payed for it. :) for that price it was just as effective to buy it as opposed to time and materials to make one.

Ed G.

Do you still have it? I'm sure it can be resurrected.

mikemaddux

Completed Builds: A lot...

zombiwoof

Quote from: pazuzu on April 13, 2010, 08:15:55 AM
yea, the good sounding ones were before they went with the boss style case, but the switch without the visible socket head allen bolts. i found one on ebay for 20$ shipped, just payed for it. :) for that price it was just as effective to buy it as opposed to time and materials to make one.

I'm a little confused, the smaller footswitch version with the allen head bolts is the OLDER version, so really you like the later one with the larger footswitch (actually the plastic part you step on)?.  For instance, the one in the picture you posted is the newer version.   Why do you prefer that one?

Al

pazuzu

well, actually it was the model that was out when i bought mine, the allen head version, i never heard. but the new ones look like boss boxes, and do not sound the same to me.
but just to reiterate, i found one on ebay for 20$ shipped, so i'm good.
thanks for all the replies people.  :icon_biggrin:

zombiwoof

Quote from: pazuzu on April 14, 2010, 11:37:45 PM
well, actually it was the model that was out when i bought mine, the allen head version, i never heard. but the new ones look like boss boxes, and do not sound the same to me.
but just to reiterate, i found one on ebay for 20$ shipped, so i'm good.
thanks for all the replies people.  :icon_biggrin:

I know what you mean now, when you say the new ones look like Boss pedals you're talking about the DIGITECH Grunge pedal.  I didn't even know Digitech was making one.  I checked the Digitech site and saw it.

Al

pazuzu

ahhhh, ok. aren't dod and digitech basically the same company?

<edit> harman intl.

zombiwoof

Quote from: pazuzu on April 15, 2010, 04:44:59 PM
ahhhh, ok. aren't dod and digitech basically the same company?

<edit> harman intl.

Yeah, but I had never seen a DOD pedal that looked like a Boss, but finding out that you were talking about the Digitech-labeled version made my understand.  As I said, I didn't even know that Digitech was putting that pedal out now.  I wonder what they changed in it that makes it sound different?.

Al