Building the Echo Base PCB

Started by Taylor, April 22, 2010, 11:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcode80

Quote from: Barcode80 on August 27, 2011, 03:35:36 PM
Quote from: JohnL on August 27, 2011, 09:44:56 AM
Does anyone have the drilling template that was posted on page 8 from Barcode? The link comes up file not found.

Thanks

long story with my hosting provider. Let me see if I still have it on my hard drive.

EDIT: no dice. if anyone still has my drilling template, please PM and email it to me. I'll put it back up on my site.

Anyone still happen to have the pdf of my drilling template?

forsakenrider

Does anyone have an extra 1m pot for the LFO speed? I build mine up but the only pot I could find at Digikey ends up not being a threaded mountable type and its all plastic, D'OH! It works but I cant imagine it working for long. Otherwise I'll have to wait for my next order from somewhere that has them  :P

Poste

Hi guys,

I am trying to debug, I get sound from pins 14 and 15 but not 16 or 6?
I get no sound from one side of the 470p but do on the other side?

Can somebody please help.

I can not seem to understand what is going on.

Taylor

Does your delay chip have 5v at pin 1?

Poste

Hi Taylor,

I just checked the PT2399 has 4.56 volts at pin 1

slacker

Quote from: Poste on December 03, 2011, 12:47:01 AM
I am trying to debug, I get sound from pins 14 and 15 but not 16 or 6?

You only get a very quiet sound on pin 16 so you might not be able to hear it. If you've got sound on pins 14 and 15 then the PT2399 is working so I wouldn't worry about pin 16.

What's wrong with it?

Taylor

It sounds like there's clean signal but no echo. So the problem probably lies between the output of the 2399 and the last opamp stage. Could be something up with the switching. Did you wire the switching in any unusual way (leaving out the tails switch, for example)?

Poste

I am getting echo in the circuit.

The feedback and and level pots have sound, however no sound in the other pots.

The tails is wired to a switch to work on both options, one way I get a nice echo, but the other way sends the sound crazy.

MILWAUKEEGUITCO

Hey gang, I just got finished building my echo base. I had the whole thing wired up yesterday in the enclosure all nice, to find out something was wrong. after many trials, I now have it wired up outside of the enclosure. Here is what im getting so far- I have the led working and oscilating with the lfo on off switch working as well. All i get is clean guitar signal. the first time i had it wired up with a battery, I did get the effect, however with a bunch of noise and a really soft guitar signal. I accounted this to not being grounded properly. I am going to try and get through the debugging list and i will post it shortly. also, not sure how to upload pictures to this board.

StereoKills

You'll need to upload them to a image hosting site (photobucket, imgur, whatever your favorite) and use the img tags.
[img]http://yourlinkhere.com[/img]
"Sometimes it takes a thousand notes to make one sound"

MILWAUKEEGUITCO

1.echobase

6. clean guitar signal passes through when led is on. led does oscillate. effect did work but was very noisy when i originally hooked up the circuit with a battery. I also had not grounded any of the jacks at that point either. Now it is wired up just to use a 9v adaptor.

4.Any modifications to the circuit?  No
5.Any parts substitutions? no
6.Positive ground to negative ground conversion? not that i know of.

If anyone has any idea I'd be eternally grateful.

I'm not really sure how to check the pinout voltages on the ic's. I can get voltages for you, but im not sure which pins are which.

MILWAUKEEGUITCO

Taylor

wizardsofzen

almost done building 1 of 2 echo base's everything but the diode lift mod went into this one, i did do the resistor switch for humbuckers...

i've read and read, but i can't find anywhere, what is the mA (milliamps) required at 9V to power this effect? I'd rather not go guess with a 200mA and go up...

thanks!
Use your favorite search engine on this: Wizards of Zen ... start following the links

slacker

wizardsofzen

ooph! i think the smallest i have is 100mA, good thing, thanks!
Use your favorite search engine on this: Wizards of Zen ... start following the links

slacker

A 100mA supply will work fine, the circuit just draws whatever current it needs, using a supply that can provide more won't damage it. If your power supply is regulated just plug it in and it will work fine.
If it's unregulated or you don't whether it is or not, then measure the voltage of the power supply before you plug in into the Echo Base, if it's unregulated the voltage may be higher than 9 volts, but so long as it is less than 15 volts it will work fine. If it measures more than 15 volts then there's a chance it may damage the CD4066.

wizardsofzen

thanks for that! you guys rock! when we are looking at the build document, for the wave shape mod (B25k pot) are we looking at the back of the pot when wiring it? i'm wondering the same thing about the Wave Distort on the Tap Tempo Tremolo mod

slacker

It doesn't matter which way round you wire the waveshape pot. If you want the triangle to be in the anti clockwise position then looking at the front of the pot connect the blue wire to the left hand lug and the red wire to the right hand lug. If you want it the other way round then reverse the wires.