Switch (DPDT) only works when held down

Started by kb19, April 27, 2010, 08:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb19

I'm converting a wah to true bypass and have wired everything to what I think is correct. I have done this on one wah pedal before (same model), and have it here next to me for reference. I can only engage the effect when the switch (DPDT) is depressed (when I release the switch I just get my dry signal). I'm not at home so I can't upload a photo, but I feel like this might be a common / easy problem?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Scruffie

You might have used a momentary switch rather than latching? does it click? otherwise it could just be a bad switch I suppose or overheating of the lugs caused it to fail internally.

kb19

yeah it does say momentary, and that's what I thought the problem was, but it looks exactly the same as the one I put in my other wah. I just went and asked for a DPDT, *sigh*

Scruffie

Yeah... they look the same, you want a latching switch, that means it clicks on or off, momentary are only on aslong as they're being pressed.

Oh well, atleast the problems solved  ;) and welcome to the forum.

kb19

fffffff, and it was 10 bucks!

Thanks a tonne. I'm under a serious time constraint to get this out by the end of the week so I might be posting here again if the other mods don't go as planned (led / external power / "secret mod" haha).

Thanks!