Original tracer layouts for classic pedals

Started by peps1, April 26, 2010, 01:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peps1

Hi Guys,

Trying to gather a collection of Original tracer layouts for classic pedals like the Tycobrahe Octavia, Dallas Rangemaster, ToneBender & so on.

Got a couple so far....but would love more!

Steve Mavronis

What are tracer layouts? Are they just home made scale copies of an effects pedal PCB layout?
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

peps1

Yes basically,  (Used to restore or make as authentic clones as possible of vintage pedals)

Mark Hammer

you can find a nice selection of Japanese fuzz layouts and "traces" here:  http://members.fortunecity.com/uzzfay/home.html

peps1

Thank Mark, that's got some excellent examples!   :icon_biggrin:

Steve Mavronis

Cool, I could make a nice scale copy of the original 70's gray DOD 250 Overdrive PCB layout if someone can tell me the boards dimensions. I already have a pseudo layout made with DIY Layout Creator but would like to make a scale version proportional to PCB photos of it. I also have a broken MXR Distortion + pedal that I want make a layout of too.
Guitar > Neo-Classic 741 Overdrive > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > DOD BiFET Boost 410 > VHT Special 6 Ultra Combo Amp Input > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return

Brymus

Quote from: Mark Hammer on April 26, 2010, 04:44:58 PM
you can find a nice selection of Japanese fuzz layouts and "traces" here:  http://members.fortunecity.com/uzzfay/home.html
My security popped up and said "this site unsafe" 15 threats detected...
First time that has happened since installing it.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

peps1

Quote from: Steve Mavronis on April 26, 2010, 05:50:23 PM
Cool, I could make a nice scale copy of the original 70's gray DOD 250 Overdrive PCB layout if someone can tell me the boards dimensions. I already have a pseudo layout made with DIY Layout Creator but would like to make a scale version proportional to PCB photos of it. I also have a broken MXR Distortion + pedal that I want make a layout of too.

Original 70's gray DOD 250 Overdrive PCB layout would be very cool if you can do it (Regards scale, you can used the LM741CN chip pins as a guide as we know the pin spacing is 2.54mm)

peps1

Reworked the old "TRIANGLE" BIG MUFF π - VERSION 1 1969-1973 that's been floating about.

Old

New

Dan N

Quote from: Brymus on April 26, 2010, 05:59:18 PMMy security popped up and said "this site unsafe" 15 threats detected...

Free web space is a bitch.

Sometimes when I click those links I get an ad page with a "skip this ad" option. Other than that, fortunecity has been a fine host for all these years.

Steve Mavronis

Quote from: peps1 on April 27, 2010, 12:46:21 AM
Original 70's gray DOD 250 Overdrive PCB layout would be very cool if you can do it

That can't be right. A PCB 70.91 millimeters wide = 2.8 inches wide and the DOD enclosure is only 2.6 inches wide on the outside! Based on photos I have it should be around 2.2 inches wide.

Mark Hammer

Quote from: Dan N on April 27, 2010, 03:58:52 PM
Quote from: Brymus on April 26, 2010, 05:59:18 PMMy security popped up and said "this site unsafe" 15 threats detected...

Free web space is a bitch.

Sometimes when I click those links I get an ad page with a "skip this ad" option. Other than that, fortunecity has been a fine host for all these years.
I'm accessing it from a government site that has firewalls and protection up the wazoo.  I receive no such alarms.  I've been accessing and referencing that site for several years now.  Proceed with confidence.

Brymus

Thanks Mark,
IDK why my Norton screamed when I went there,its the first time it has done that.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience