THE THING-A-MA-BOB MP3 SAMPLE ADDED!!! (easy as pie homemade nintendofuzz)

Started by FUZZZZzzzz, April 27, 2010, 04:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canucker

No luck with the 100 uf cap. There is no noticeable change at all.

FUZZZZzzzz

Quote from: Canucker on September 28, 2012, 12:01:11 AM
I was just hoping to get rid of that dead spot. I finally got to test it out at "band volume" today...I do most of my soldering at night so I always have to test my builds pretty quietly...anyways when I play with the fuzz turned up theres a hissing/static going on...if I don't play its silent but when I strum a note as the note decays the hiss/static eventually is louder then the note. Is that normal? I'm hoping not cus its been a few days and I still love this thing!

there's def something wrong with your build.. it should not be hissy or static in the decay.. this pedal is extremely gated and the sound just weirdly fades out with a couple of random octaves most of the time.  there is ' however' a spot on the pot that can give some noise.. but thats only a fraction of it..
"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

Canucker

Cool! I'd rather have something screwed up then have no solution. I guess I'll pop in the spare chip I bought before doing a total rebuild.

FUZZZZzzzz

"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

Canucker

yup thats pretty much how it sounds plus the hum/static/fuzz in the background. Why doesn't ANYONE ever play chords when they demo something on youtube? Like maybe five percent of demos play a chord progression.

timd

I have noticed that also. Too many demos are a lenghty blues solo and thats it - No chord progressions. Many youtube vids are trying to sell a pedal, but not all prospective buyers are going to want to see "pro" style playing.

Canucker

Ok so I tinkered around and replaced parts (caps, pot, tested the value of the resistor)...no improvement. The only thing I can think if its not the pedal then its the practice amp I use to test my projects. I'll have to wait until I go to my drummer friends house for my main amp or dig another practice amp out of storage.

Adding to the chordless youtube samples. I wanted to build a vox superfuzz cus I know its used on a lot of Mudhoney tunes...but with more then one guitar happening in that band I wanted a distinct sample of just the superfuzz.....I had to go through an unbearable amount of solo only samples before I heard someone string a few chords together. I guess thats why there are so many bad songs out there....nobody works on they're rythm playing once they get the hang of it...they just spend all they're time noodling solos. Blah maybe I should stop complaining and start making videos.

Canucker

how easy would it be to add a sensitivity control to this? REVIVED!