Mike Nichting's layout problem

Started by Mike Burgundy, September 29, 2003, 07:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Burgundy

Found this buried in a thread on boxes:
I have a board that I got from Sir Joe G. and I have evrything hooked up like the layout says but I don't have anything connected to either ground lug of the in/out jacks??!!!
I have something wired wrong I know but I don't know what it could be.
I don't have anyway to post the layout or I would.
It shows a wire going fromn the 3pdt switch to "out" does that go to the ground lug or to the tip??
There is an open lug on the switch where I normaly hook the top 2 lugs together for "bypass" is this my ground lug??
This is a + supply pedal like many other fuzzes I guess so maybe everything is connected, I don't know?? I have never built a + pedal before.
I have the + of the battery connected to the "in" jack where the black normally goes.

How do I connect a LED to this switch??

ground is not hooked up to the switch, as far as the circuit is concerned.
Lets start with signal wires.
1 verify which lugs on the 3pdt are actually part of one switch (an spdt).  a 3PDT is basically 3 linked SPDT's in a row.
2 you use two of these individual switches to hook up your bypass scheme just as with an DPDT. The other switch takes care of the LED.
3: wiring:
switch numbered like this:
1 4 7
2 5 8
3 6 9

with 123 being a switch (2 choosing between 1 and 3), etc.
suggested hookup (Joe's may vary but will work on the same principles):
1 to 4
2 to input jack tip
3 to circuit in
4 to 1
5 to output jack tip
6 to circuit out

that takes care of bypass. Hook up input jack ground to circuit ground, and if both jacks have their ground lugs connected to the metal box you're done. Output ground is connected through the box.The led goes:

7 NC
8 to ground
9 to LED to resistor to V+
hih
*edit*
This is for a positive supply (negative ground). This is the usual setup.
FuzzFace type fuzzes use POSITIVE GROUND - is that what you mean?
for negative ground, hook up battery ground to the input sleeve connection (switches the pedal on when you insert a mono jack, connecting - to ground), and hook up battery + to the circuit power connection. Hook up the LED as stated.
For positive ground, reverse this. Hook up the LED assembly to battery - and reverse the LED.