Looking for a Malaysian TI RC4558P IC with the Texas Instrument Logo

Started by jalexquijano, May 09, 2010, 09:05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teemuk

QuoteThe JRC4558D worked well for me in the 808. The stock TA75558P tested obviously better to me then JRC4558D or Malaysia RC4558P in two of my TS9's, I guess that's why they use it...

Yes, that's always the reason. It's never

- They got the cheapest deal on them
- They already had tons of them in stock
- They didn't really care and just used the whatever suitable part they got their hands on first, it's about the same anyway
- The part substitute options we have available now were not around back then
- etc.

StephenGiles

The original poster has really "Set your mouths to twisting" here - there are frankly more important things to worry about - and note that there have been no follow up posts - he's having a laugh ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

FlyingZ

Quote from: teemuk on May 13, 2010, 03:11:21 AM
Yes, that's always the reason. It's never

- They got the cheapest deal on them
- They already had tons of them in stock
- They didn't really care and just used the whatever suitable part they got their hands on first, it's about the same anyway
- The part substitute options we have available now were not around back then
- etc.
The TS9 is the most popular pedal ever and they wont throw away that reputation for a few pennies. A simple cost benefit analysis would indicate to use the best sounding chip. I indirectly sell one to every student and if TS9's went the way of suck that would quickly end.

Quote from: StephenGiles on May 13, 2010, 05:15:32 AM
The original poster has really "Set your mouths to twisting" here - there are frankly more important things to worry about - and note that there have been no follow up posts - he's having a laugh ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
He likely received the chip he asked for today.

FlyingZ

Finished testing.

Only the Malaysia stamped RC4558P has the effect I like, the other vintage chip is ordinary. Anyone want to buy 80ish vintage ordinary chips? lol

keven204