Spinsemi FV-1 sample sound clip

Started by Jule553648, May 15, 2010, 08:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jule553648

When I was to decide if I should build this effect or not, I was having problems getting some sample sound clips, which were nowhere to be found.

So I built it according to schematic on Spinsemi site /guitar amp application.

And it sounds spectacular even on my cheap amp.

Chorus, Flange and tremolo are guitar effects, pitch is for karaoke, hall reverb is for game consoles. But all of them sound great on guitar.

So I am adding a sample clip of all 8 (7) internal FV-1 programs.

Video with 8 additional  EEPROM programs still to come.

Excuse my playing skills - I am still fresh player, playing for 4 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyRjKNmmMWc

philbinator1

I've got a FV-1 at home, just need to build it!  Amazing reverb man.
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

Ice-9

Yeah ! i also built one a while ago, i used my own circuit and pcb, i posted the sound files here but i think there gone now.  Excellent sounds and i want to get back to the FV-1 chip soon to get it boxed up and roadworthy.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Jule553648

But I need to make a input buffer, because it seems that it "eats" a lot of the tone color and there is noticable volume drop when bypassing with switch.

it sounds a bit muffled when driving on 5. program which is a test program and it lets signal clean through.

You can even see that it is muffled sound, withoutt so much color on the begining of the movie (clean sound).

octfrank

Program 5 is not a "clean" or pass program, it is a test program just like it says. Do not use it as a bypass, it will effect the signal.
Frank Thomson
Experimental Noize