Joe Gagan's Bronto Boost?

Started by scott1568, May 28, 2010, 01:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott1568

Does anyone have a layout for this, or have PC boards by any chance? I would love to give this one a shot.

thanks in advance

John Lyons

There is a perf layout in the gallery.
Have not seen one on PCB or otherwise.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

scott1568

joegagan

if you are using search, brontoboost was originally one word, so searching as two words might not bring up as many results.

what brought the bronto to your attention?

there are two general groups of schems out there=-  early ones are two trans, no buffer. by the time i went to production, i incorporated a buffer, so it was a 3 trans device.

i personally like the buffered one better, but some people who tried both liked the early non-buffered one better.  it is a good pedal for amp-like response, very touch responsive. it does not distort on its own very much, except when the tone control is set to the bassy side.  you don't have to use a dual gang for the tone, i only did that to give it less knobs. in fact, a separate cap/pot  control for each stage gives some extra flexibility to the circuit.
my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

scott1568

Hi Joe,

Thanks very much for the advice, and your personal response.

I first saw your name over at General Guitar Gadgets. One of the fuzz face kit options was "Joe Gagan's Easy Face". I think after that I did a search on this board and Google and learned more.

I don't know exactly when I will start this. I am just getting prepared. I have to finish 2 builds this weekend and four Fuzz Face's after that - all for locals here, so I am pretty busy. Your help is greatly appreciated. I am sure you can understand, I am becoming a bit of a fuzz freak lately.

joegagan

thanks, scott.  funny thing, a person can make a brontoboost sound a lot like a fuzzface if they try.

more or less unrelated to above,  here is a ( brand new!) sample of how it distorts when used with a volume pedal, telecaster, digidelay etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZXGNHTZXU

my life is a tribute to the the great men and women who held this country together when the world was in trouble. my debt cannot be repaid, but i will do my best.

joegagan