666 Competition

Started by frequencycentral, June 07, 2010, 05:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igerup

Doesn't matter that the 666 was written in Greek. The book of Relevations  was not written in Latin, but Greek. So it's historically accurate to use Greek.

Brymus

Quote from: luciferstrip on August 04, 2010, 05:07:49 PM
http://www.demonsdisks.com/pics/skullripper.jpg

man, it was a pain to wire inside that skull !!

Switch that turns the fuzz is on top of the skull and will also light the eyes. There are 2 pots, one on each ear to control tone. The switch in the nose flips between 2 different diodes that severely change the sound.
Made it with 2 minutes and 11 seconds to spare LOL
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

jasperoosthoek

Poor skull, you have to stomp it right on the nose! (Or where the nose had demonically decayed into a footswitch).
Not even a metal box, now that's demonic :-D.
[DIYStompbox user name]@hotmail.com

phector2004

lol love the skull!!

I would have done something similar... had this competition been announced before my trip to Italy/Greece, I would have picked up a goat skull from the winding mountain roads and smuggled it back (more mojo, right?  :icon_twisted: ... unless I get the customs glove  :icon_lol: )

Would have even had time to enter... then again I could have whipped something up in less time than I spend here procrastinating  :-[

Anyone willing to start a 777 competition?

LucifersTrip

Quote from: jasperoosthoek on August 04, 2010, 07:13:19 PM
Poor skull, you have to stomp it right on the nose! (Or where the nose had demonically decayed into a footswitch).
Not even a metal box, now that's demonic :-D.

hahaha...the switch for the effect on/off (fuzz) in right on top of the cranium...the nose switch flips between 2 diodes that give different tones
pots in the ears changes tone
always think outside the box

frequencycentral/Slade

666 competiton entrants, in order posted:

Joe Hart

9 entries! I DID make it into the top 10!!! Yes!!!
-Joe Hart

Joe Hart

And by the way, great job everyone!!! This was fun!!
-Joe Hart

Brymus

With this thread getting almost 6000 views, seven entries is piss poor IMO (not sore just wanted to see more entries)
I think had the pics thread not been bumped so hard the last two weeks,we would have seen closer to 20 or 30 entries.
Still nice work ,
My favorite hands down is entry two the horns just set it off.
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

kupfer_m

Quote from: Brymus on August 05, 2010, 03:18:36 AM
With this thread getting almost 6000 views, seven entries is piss poor IMO (not sore just wanted to see more entries)

My thought too!
I expected a lot more entries. Where are they?
Or just like me afraid to participate?

Slade

Quote from: kupfer_m on August 05, 2010, 03:36:47 AM
Quote from: Brymus on August 05, 2010, 03:18:36 AM
Where are they?
They're also expecting to see anothers ;)

~arph

The number of entries does not surprise me.. competitions don't run well here.Just look at FX-X

frequencycentral/Slade

Shipping from Chile to UK...............then some more work..............then shipping to................

paulyy

Quote from: frequencycentral/Slade on August 05, 2010, 05:46:00 AM
Shipping from Chile to UK...............then some more work..............then shipping to................

:icon_eek: :o :icon_twisted:

frequencycentral

Quote from: paulyy on August 05, 2010, 06:15:48 AM
:icon_eek: :o :icon_twisted:

Yeah! YEAH!

Quote from: frequencycentral on June 07, 2010, 05:26:17 PM

• Slade is not allowed to enter!

Probably the most evil element of the comp - Slade was so p!$$ed that he took out all his anger on the etch......
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

trad3mark

that is such a beast of a build. Unbelievable work on that amp Slade/frequencycentral. That black and red is so amazing, and even the names for the controls as Blood and Water...

Cheers for running the competition by the way. It certainly does provide good fear/drive to up my own standard.

Galego

That looks awesome.

I think the only people that should complain about the low participation were the ones that submitted something.

Joe Hart

Quote from: Galego on August 05, 2010, 09:05:47 AM
I think the only people that should complain about the low participation were the ones that submitted something.

I wish there were less submissions!!  ;-)  Better my chances of winning!!

I'm getting close to my own post number 666! I hope the judging is quick so I can use post 666 for my acceptance speech!
-Joe Hart

frequencycentral/Slade

First of all, thanks to everyone who took part, it's been really enjoyable and they are all great looking builds. However, there can be only one..................

............but before the one, the unholy trinity that is the top 3, in order posted:

The winner will be announced tomorrow!

solderman

:oThis is a work of art in the true sense of the word.  :o
RESPECT
I am humbly accepting that I'm better in shrinking things than make them look good.
About the number of entry's, the 666 came up in the middle of the holiday season witch probably affected the number of entry's
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)