repackaging an old fuzz wah

Started by mikepoppitt, September 29, 2003, 05:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepoppitt

I have an old Shen-ei fuzz wah(with the same fuzz circuit as univox superfuzz,ibanez standard fuzz,etc..)and i want to take it out of this box and put it in a Hammond 1590dd box . i want to totally do away with the wah (which sucks) and turn it into a straight fuzz.There is also a 2 position slider switch to change the fuzz's tone, and I want to change this to a footswitch.I was hoping this would all be simple, but looking around inside, its starting not to look so... Will a regular Carling dpdt switch directly replace the slider? the input jacks got a green wire that splits into 3 resistors(?), 2 going to the fuzz switch, 1 going to the wah switch,can i just elininate the one going to the wah?the output jack AND the fuzz switch are wired to the wah switch as well, so how am i gonna wire it? how can i get the board mounted to the box properly? where is the best and simpilist place to get the right components? This pedal is gonna have to be durable as well... My experience with this type of thing is quite limited(non-existent), and am curious what kind of problems i might encounter(grounding etc.)...
thanks , Mike Deadite