What do you guys do with circuits that you didn't like?

Started by jimmybjj, June 10, 2010, 04:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rousejeremy

If I build something that I don't like, I just throw it on Craigslist or sell it to a friend and use the money to fund more parts for more builds.

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Top Top

I dress up in a disguise and try to pawn them off on my arch nemesis.

thedefog

Depending upon the build quality, I throw them up on eBay so I can at least get back like 1/4 of what I put into it.

For the ones that didn't work, I hold onto them for parts. If they sit on the bench long enough without being cannibalized and make my eyes sore enough, I generally take another stab at them. If that stab doesn't work, depending on my mood I either a) Smash them to bits with a hammer b) dose them in WD-40 and set them on fire or c) just throw them away.

stringsthings

Quote from: thedefog on June 15, 2010, 10:11:09 AM
Depending upon the build quality, I throw them up on eBay so I can at least get back like 1/4 of what I put into it.

For the ones that didn't work, I hold onto them for parts. If they sit on the bench long enough without being cannibalized and make my eyes sore enough, I generally take another stab at them. If that stab doesn't work, depending on my mood I either a) Smash them to bits with a hammer b) dose them in WD-40 and set them on fire or c) just throw them away.

how sore do your eyes get?

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Mark Hammer on June 11, 2010, 04:52:38 PM
Paul:  Are those pots, and their values, selected for the particular circuit on the breadboard, or do you have so many because you have a "universal" assortment of pot values?  And how do you connect the pots to the breadboard?

It's more of a universal assortment. There are 3-wire ribbon cables soldered to each pot which are connected to the breadboard.

Brymus

I actually play through my breadboard,
I have 5 pedals on it right now,I just switch which is hooked up depending.This lets me see how the ciruit works in real use before boxing it up,and allows for easier tweaking ,of course I cant or wouldnt take my breadboard to my drummers house or elsewhere.
I have found that alot of times like Mac so eloquently put it.
At first something new and strange is fun,different exciting,makes you think about things you forgot you could do...
Then the magic wears off after awhile and I am glad I didnt "commit" ,at that point the components go back in the bins,if I cant tweak it to make it lovable.(my BMP,and GEO 7band EQ are still borderline as being boxed or parts put back in the bins)
For me the fun is in the learning and expirementing as much as having a final build to take to jams and such.

But yeah I de-solder everything I can save and say few words,then try to go on with my life best I can. :icon_cry:
I actually sometimes leave my leads just a little longer than I need to on new builds,just in case...
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience