beginner lost trying to make remote amp selector with fx loops

Started by InnerF1ame, June 29, 2010, 03:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InnerF1ame

amp channel switch
**two independent channels with independent loops
guitar inputs high and low gain on both channels

so i am soon going to get a bugera bc-30 amp it has 2 independent channels each with its own effects loop, and both channels have their own high and low gain inputs.... i want to make a foot-switch that can control not only if i am using the high or low gain inputs, but will also allow me to have my effects loop switch over when i switch to the other channel of the amp. and i want to make sure it wont ground loop anything and cause buzzing  icon_smile oh and also... can it be remote switchable? in my youth i played around with breadboards so i wanted to tackle this... i have a feeling i am gonna need some digital logic...  thanks...

just to be a little more clear... there will be 3 inputs... guitar in, then one line to my fx board from the selected preamp channel and one line from the end of my fx chain to the unit. from there those three lines need to be able to change from one channel to the other, like an a/b setup, but i need an additonal switch or two to change my guitar input to either high or low on both channels, please do an image search on this amp(bugera bc-30 212, i believe you will understand it a whole lot better. ) id like it to be footswitchable so i dont have to run 8 1/4in cables in a snake... not to mention that would make my loop another 100 feet of cable long lol... i am trying to look at some of the analog man stuff to get an idea of how to do all this...

.Mike

You are much more likely to get a response if you post your topic once and wait for a response, rather than posting the identical topic three times in an hour and a half.

Good luck. :)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

InnerF1ame

ya, that is true. one of the others told me to post it here in digital. thanks tho! that and i wasnt sure if i was posting in the right threads