Author Topic: Etched enclosures  (Read 708961 times)

deadastronaut

Re: Etched enclosures
« Reply #2420 on: September 20, 2018, 05:49:36 AM »
love the ufo graphic...cool. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

lars-musik

« Reply #2421 on: September 20, 2018, 07:07:15 AM »
Not only small, but etched as well! 4 new liitle ones (two tall and two standard).

vigilante397

« Reply #2422 on: September 20, 2018, 11:11:54 AM »

Excellent builds, as always 8) One of my favorite things about your work is that I can tell it's your work just by looking. You have your own distinct style, and I dig it ;D
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR

www.sushiboxfx.com

Marcos - Munky

« Reply #2423 on: September 20, 2018, 12:03:42 PM »
love the ufo graphic...cool. 8)
The graphic was suggested by GiovannyS10. I ran out of ideas and he helped me with this one and the next one I'll finish. The artwork was supposed to have writings for the pots, but I got a bad transfer for two of them and ran out of dryfilm, so I decided to remove all the writings and just keep the graphic.

Lars' builds are amazing looking, as always!

MJ_Sound_Cubed

• Contributor
  • Build THINGS, Make MUSIC, Open Audio Hardware :)
    • SoundCubed.com
« Reply #2424 on: September 22, 2018, 04:20:01 AM »
My First attempt!
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

Marcos - Munky

« Reply #2425 on: September 22, 2018, 03:31:23 PM »
18th build of 2018. Shoot The Moon tremolo. I used a trimpot for the gain pot and added the ramp switch mod from the Tremulus Lune.

125Signal

« Reply #2426 on: September 30, 2018, 08:15:54 AM »
Aloha! My contribution and first post here. :) A clone of EQDs the Depths. I'm inspired by all of the great etched enclosures I've seen here.

vigilante397

« Reply #2427 on: September 30, 2018, 11:12:33 AM »
Welcome :) Killer build, really clean etch. Thanks for sharing ;D
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR

www.sushiboxfx.com

lars-musik

« Reply #2428 on: October 01, 2018, 06:20:57 AM »
The tubescreamer and the echo found a new home on a friendís pedalboard Ė and now I miss them.

Hereís a photo of my newest etches before I ruin them (or rather give them the used, vintage look) by spray-painting and drilling.

They will be a Tubescreamer, Prince of Tone, Jonís Snow Day OD, Deep Blue Delay and Bockett Blue Note.

MJ_Sound_Cubed

• Contributor
  • Build THINGS, Make MUSIC, Open Audio Hardware :)
    • SoundCubed.com
« Reply #2429 on: October 02, 2018, 05:11:15 PM »
The tubescreamer and the echo found a new home on a friendís pedalboard Ė and now I miss them.

Hereís a photo of my newest etches before I ruin them (or rather give them the used, vintage look) by spray-painting and drilling.

They will be a Tubescreamer, Prince of Tone, Jonís Snow Day OD, Deep Blue Delay and Bockett Blue Note.

Really cool :)

How are you etching your enclosures?

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

lars-musik

« Reply #2430 on: October 05, 2018, 01:00:31 PM »

How are you etching your enclosures?

Hey! After sanding the enclosures (not too much, 400 grain usually) I apply a coat of "Kontakt Positiv 20" UV resist, develope it according to the datasheet and etch it with 24% hydrocloric acid from the DIY Store. If you do this, assure good ventilation as the fumes are quite dangerous!!!

vigilante397

« Reply #2431 on: October 09, 2018, 02:04:15 AM »
Shameless cross-post from the main pictures thread because I'm proud of how this turned out :P "Pre-Verb," my 6N16B tube-powered BTDR reverb, finally boxed up this weekend.

www.sushiboxfx.com

thomasha

« Reply #2432 on: October 09, 2018, 02:45:09 AM »
Nice one!

How did you cut the small vents?

vigilante397

« Reply #2433 on: October 09, 2018, 10:39:46 AM »
Nice one!

How did you cut the small vents?

Thanks :) I have a small (7" x 7") CNC machine that I use for the vents. Takes about 25 minutes and well worth the effort in my opinion ;D

www.sushiboxfx.com

michelterres

« Reply #2434 on: October 26, 2018, 10:10:56 AM »
Dr Boogie I did a while ago.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:47:01 AM by michelterres »

deadastronaut

« Reply #2435 on: October 29, 2018, 04:18:22 AM »
been a busy bee.... 8)

https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects   for demos..

http://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

« Reply #2436 on: October 29, 2018, 03:19:57 PM »
Wanted to double-post this one because I'm excited ;D SMD/submini version of the Soldano Supercharger GTO.

Guts, top and bottom of the board:

www.sushiboxfx.com

Marcos - Munky

« Reply #2437 on: October 30, 2018, 01:04:55 PM »
Wow! That's just amazing!

thomasha

« Reply #2438 on: October 30, 2018, 03:10:34 PM »
This one is really small!
With all that space you could use a 1590a!

It looks like that the only big parts you used are for the SMPS, I guess SMD is the way to go. Are you selling those boards?

vigilante397

« Reply #2439 on: October 30, 2018, 08:39:09 PM »
This one is really small!
With all that space you could use a 1590a!

It looks like that the only big parts you used are for the SMPS, I guess SMD is the way to go. Are you selling those boards?

I was thinking about using 16mm pots, but the 9mm did let me keep it nice and small. I do 100% SMD designs for work and it's made me appreciate the space savings. Plus I like being able to fit just about anything comfortably into a 1590B, no 1590A's for me though ::)

And I guess if anyone wants a board I could sell them? I have 10 extras  :P Plus I think this is the first board I've done that I didn't make a mistake on ::) Maybe I'll throw a For Sale post together when I get home to unload the ~50 surplus boards I have lying around.

www.sushiboxfx.com