News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noobamp

gotcha.  I may give it a shot.  your results are way too clean not to try, man.  thanks for the tutorial!
nothing like the smell of hot Bovie in the morning....

hylandren

That's EXACTLY how I etch, except that I use Packing tape for a more water tight (or maybe I should say etchant tight) seal. and I use a Scotchbrite pad to remove the excess paper before etching.
Believe it or not, the toner resist holds up even to light scuffing with the scotchbrite pad...Its WAY more durable than you would think!
Great tutorial.

deadastronaut

cool..

i use electrical tape as its nice n flexible enough to stretch around it,

plus it doesn't leave any 'sticky' behind...(and i get 6 rolls for a quid at poundland ;D)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

Quote from: deadastronaut on March 30, 2015, 02:23:10 PM
...(and i get 6 rolls for a quid at poundland ;D)

I should move to the UK simply for the reason that the Dollar Tree is replaced with Poundland.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 30, 2015, 06:05:31 PM
I should move to the UK simply for the reason that the Dollar Tree is replaced with Poundland.

If that's your only reason, Nathan, then I'd stay put!   :D
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

greaser_au

HEY!!!  I thought you were coming to Australia, Nathan :)

david

deadastronaut

Quote from: bluebunny on March 31, 2015, 03:06:41 AM
Quote from: vigilante397 on March 30, 2015, 06:05:31 PM

If that's your only reason, Nathan, then I'd stay put!   :D

+1 everything else sucks.... :)

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

Quote from: greaser_au on March 31, 2015, 06:19:06 AM

Is there an Australian equivalent to Poundland? Australian Dollar Tree just isn't that catchy :P But realistically I think the weather would persuade me to choose Australia over the UK :icon_mrgreen: I would still probably sit in my basement all day chained to the soldering iron, but for some reason I enjoy it more when it's pleasant outside :icon_rolleyes: I'm a slightly backward person.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

duck_arse

Quote from: greaser_au on March 31, 2015, 06:19:06 AM

david

"do you play cricket?"

ours are called 'the2$ shop', mostly. our dollar is crap at the moment.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

vigilante397

Quote from: duck_arse on March 31, 2015, 10:33:34 AM

"do you play cricket?"

I learned all the rules when I was about 16 (from a book) and have yet been unable to find anyone to play, let alone find a proper bat and a set of wickets. :P
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

duck_arse

set of stumps.

that was actually a snidey at some of our english friends. it would be interesting to see a game played by "learned it, from a book"* teams.

*flowery twats reference this time. python last time. sorry.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

snarblinge

How did this most sacred of places get to cricket? (From NZ)  :'(
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

greaser_au

Quote from: vigilante397 on March 31, 2015, 10:22:14 AM
Is there an Australian equivalent to Poundland? Australian Dollar Tree just isn't that catchy :P But realistically I think the weather would persuade me to choose Australia over the UK :icon_mrgreen: I would still probably sit in my basement all day chained to the soldering iron, but for some reason I enjoy it more when it's pleasant outside :icon_rolleyes: I'm a slightly backward person.

there's  a south australian enterprise called 'spend-a-penny' (when they came up with the name this one I wonder if they knew what the phrase meant :) ).

david

thomasha

Some new etched pedals:
Klon

Colorsound inductorless wah

and a special project

Some noise in the etching this time, something went wrong with the toner...
Cheers,
Thomas

deadastronaut

Really cute wah man...excellent etch design too...brilliant. :icon_cool:

Benoi31

Incredible etches!
What will the last enclosure become? I really like the 17th/18th century design of it

tubegeek

Quote from: thomasha on April 01, 2015, 09:21:41 PM
Some new etched pedals:

Colorsound inductorless wah

That midget Wah is off the hook. Wow.
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

darron

Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

NakedApe

Not my first try, but the first time I feel good about the results!
I used electrolytic etching on a steel enclosure, it worked much better than ferric chloride.

What are you, some kind of wizard?

rocket8810

My first etched enclosure. It's a modified black arts toneworks blacksheep, which is just a modified roland beebaa.

Reverse etched.