News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

Amazing first etch man....nailed it... 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

snarblinge

b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

rocket8810

Thanks guys. It means a lot coming from you guys. I've been envious of all the work I've seen you all do. Working on two more that I really hope turn out as good.

poppyman

Hi , I didn't post for a while here...Man, the skills of builders are getting insanely good, it starts to be intimidating to post! :O

Here are a few old projects that I rehoused recently:

Meathead dark:

Modded muff + LPB1:

belton reverb:

Modded PT80 delay:

"bufferless" tube screamer:

meathead bright:

Vipul Nigam

Hey little bit out of context, but I was just wondering if I could use a wooden enclosure for a spyder type pedal power supply unit with proper shielding?

snarblinge

Out of context indeed.

Many power supplies are housed in plastic, I don't think wood would be a problem,

just watch the method of joining.
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

duck_arse

poppyman - this is going to make a few people here laugh, but, I can't see your pictures. I would like to, but "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /image.php on this server. Apache/2.2.19 (Win64) PHP/5.4.5 Server at xtupload.com Port 80" comes up, or a variation of.

is it still just me?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

italianguy63

It's just you Duck..  I see them fine.

This is a little side project I have been busy with for several months.   Going to post a pic so you know I haven't been slacking...

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

poppyman

Edit: thanks italian guy, I actually struggled to post them with the proper size ;)

italianguy63

Duck has issues.. maybe as many as me.   :P
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

greaser_au

Quote from: duck_arse on April 10, 2015, 10:49:12 AM
poppyman - this is going to make a few people here laugh, but, I can't see your pictures. I would like to, but "Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /image.php on this server. Apache/2.2.19 (Win64) PHP/5.4.5 Server at xtupload.com Port 80" comes up, or a variation of.

is it still just me?
That particular error is a very typical PHP website backend screwup, either the database is corrupted, overloaded, crashed or a victim of poor coding (PHP is an excellent sandbox for BAD coding- and because it's open & free, it usually *is*).   If it now works, it means that somebody fixed it (or the load went away) between Duck getting that error and  others successfully viewing it!

I have collated a (mostly original) glossary of IT terms  gleaned from my nearly 20 years in this frustrating game... The entry for PHP:
PHP: n: PHP:Hypertext Preprocessor. A server-side HTML embedded scripting language or CGI (common gateway interface). It provides web developers with a full suite of tools for building content-rich and flexible dynamic websites which seem to only ever return "403: Forbidden. You do not have permission to access / on this server",  or "500: The database XXXXX is not available"

david

Cozybuilder

Chupacabra looks great Marc!
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

italianguy63

Thanks Russ.. This was actually a prototype...

Hexjibber

Groovenut

Quote from: italianguy63 on April 10, 2015, 11:05:52 AM
It's just you Duck..  I see them fine.

This is a little side project I have been busy with for several months.   Going to post a pic so you know I haven't been slacking...

MC
nice build Mark!
You've got to love obsolete technology.....

Cozybuilder

Shouldn't the wolf be facing the other way?
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

italianguy63

It's a hairless dog thing.. mythical creature... You guys overthink things.

Thanks Law..  It is a fun thing-- I built a handful of these as it was a team thing with another member.  I ended up with a handful of PCB's.  There is also a "Lovecraft" Chupacabra OD pedal.  This is NOT the same (hence the "Caliente" part of the name).   I already got that e-mail as well..  :P

It is a cool little tight build in a 1590B.

Not tight like CozyBuilder!! (Russ).. but tight for ME.

MC

peterg

Poppyman. Awesome etches!

Groovenut

Quote from: italianguy63 on April 11, 2015, 12:08:41 PM
It's a hairless dog thing.. mythical creature... You guys overthink things.

Thanks Law..  It is a fun thing-- I built a handful of these as it was a team thing with another member.  I ended up with a handful of PCB's.  There is also a "Lovecraft" Chupacabra OD pedal.  This is NOT the same (hence the "Caliente" part of the name).   I already got that e-mail as well..  :P

It is a cool little tight build in a 1590B.

Not tight like CozyBuilder!! (Russ).. but tight for ME.

MC
I have a pedal version of the Randall RG preamp that I put in a 1590B that I called El Chupacabras a couple of years ago or so. Demo here if youre interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_F1fywXTw

I never got a letter tho  ;)

Maybe mine was first  :icon_mrgreen:
You've got to love obsolete technology.....

italianguy63

Quote from: Groovenut on April 11, 2015, 01:45:17 PM
I never got a letter tho  ;)

Hahahahahhahaha...  It was actually very friendly.  Don't read too much into it.

:D

It was easiest just to slightly modify the name and avoid any future hurt feelings.  "Caliente" also has two meanings.  This one is the latter meaning...   ??? :P

It would be a sad day on Earth indeed, if all the South American mythical creatures' names were trademarked.   :o

MC