SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfunky

Will look for that stuff!

italianguy63

OK Guys... I will "unveil the artwork" on my Tychobrahe Octavia.

This is merely "Prototype#2"-- I did a quick acid etch to check the image spacing.  I have some slight issues... It should be slightly taller overall (note cramping at the knobs), and "Hex" should be lower... but, that is why I did the prototype, right!?!

Anyway-- this will ultimately be a my 1st laser etch...  Hence, why I am working on that K40 laser with Jimbo.  The enclosures are ordered from the powdercoater... and this should start real "production" units pretty soon.  MC

I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

Elijah-Baley

Nice work! :)
You know, I'm interesting in this Tycobrahe Octavia. Is there a substantial difference of volume between the octafuzz and fuzz?
Thanks! ;)
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

Cozybuilder

Mark- Nice! This should be featured in a "top 100 effects pedals" article.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

italianguy63

Thanks Russ.  You are too kind...

I actually needed to build another to check out some other issues...  I have a color changing LED in it now, and I needed to determine where the filter cap needed to be added (to keep the "creepy" sound from happening) -- accomplished.  Also, the noise filtering on the power input is not working as designed.  I have to disconnect one of the grounds.  As you can see the LED is lit with no jack in the input jack.  (That is almost resolved now too)..  It is a very nice pedal though!!

Some other things worth noting.  "Tychobrahe Octavia" is trademarked.  So, it is "La Tunda".  It will merely be marketed as an "Octave Fuzz" pedal... 

E.B..  I was playing with this early today, and NO, I did not notice a sizable volume difference.  BUT, I built this pedal with some GE's with a FV of about .39V.  The octave effect is minimal.  So, I need to pull them out and put in some with a FV of more like .33V to .35V...   

No rest for the wicked.

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

duck_arse

nice work, itg. did you have to pay joan fonda by the hour for the sitting/posing? (or was it jane cusack?) nice footswitch placement.

is it too late for a "name Mark's pedal" competition? prizes?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bluebunny

Makes a nice change from a sausage, duck.  BTW, who's Joan Fonda?  Is it Jane Fonda's Russian (bride) cousin?   ;)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

greaser_au

Never mind the pedal...   But, WOW, those prizes!!!!!!

david

italianguy63

Elijah-Baley--

I put in different diodes-- big difference.  There is a change in volume (louder on Octave).  I guess that is something for you to "solve"-- as it is not so significant as to bother me...    MC

deadastronaut

Nice......for a second i thought she had a bad piles problem.. :D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

rocket8810

Quote from: italianguy63 on June 20, 2015, 08:26:53 AM

This is merely "Prototype#2"-- I did a quick acid etch to check the image spacing.  I have some slight issues... It should be slightly taller overall (note cramping at the knobs), and "Hex" should be lower... but, that is why I did the prototype, right!?!

Anyway-- this will ultimately be a my 1st laser etch...  Hence, why I am working on that K40 laser with Jimbo.  The enclosures are ordered from the powdercoater... and this should start real "production" units pretty soon.  MC

jesus marc. just looking at the enclosure, i can tell it was well worth the wait.

italianguy63

Thanks-- hoping the "finished" final work is awesome..  The concept is good.

Groovenut

Quote from: italianguy63 on June 20, 2015, 08:26:53 AM

mmmmmm yeeeesssssss......

Very nice!!!
You've got to love obsolete technology.....

lars-musik

I have to double post this one . This is the first time I etched the labels for the jacks on the sides as well. A Rangemaster+Tonebender+Big Muff.

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

italianguy63

Groovenut

Here's another Taiseidou reverb I just finished. This one has a new version of the BTDR-3H that I modified to fit (the first version fit just fine but the manufacturer has made the outcase larger)
You've got to love obsolete technology.....

electrosonic

This is going to be a lm741 diode clipped distortion (MXR style) with added tone control and clean blend.

I don't sand my enclosures - just an acetone cleaning and then press and peel. Not as pretty as some - but it is fine for me.

Andrew.

• SUPPORTER

mfunky