SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

Finally getting around to posting more pictures. This is a much more successful attempt at art via CNC. It's a stock Big Muff Pi, and I remember seeing this artwork idea posted by someone else on this forum so I decided to steal it :P I think I got the first 300 or so digits.

Switching over to a new "brand name" with a new logo :)

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

italianguy63

That's cool Nathan!  You could do a similar pedal with a "Clutch" / binary theme: 1000011..  And, everybody appreciates a good Sushi Box.   8)

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

vigilante397

Quote from: italianguy63 on June 26, 2015, 01:53:59 AM
That's cool Nathan!  You could do a similar pedal with a "Clutch" / binary theme: 1000011..  And, everybody appreciates a good Sushi Box.   8)

MC

Thanks :) When I saw how well this one turned out I immediately thought of doing a binary job 8)
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

italianguy63

Super cool...  I had started "branding" the backs of some of mine too:

Great minds think alike!!   ;)

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

bluebunny

Sheesh... you corporates!   ::)

Nice work, both of you.   :)
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

Quote from: vigilante397 on June 26, 2015, 01:08:42 AM
.... art via CNC....

awww, CNC? I was so hoping you'd tell us of all the punching you'd done. it looks good, tho.
the circuit output is not the input. the reverse holds true for the circuit input.

rocket8810

wow those all look great. i never thought about branding the back of my boxes.

that big muff is awesome. i love how the SUSHI BOX is hidden at the end in the written out pi. so cool.

vigilante397

Quote from: rocket8810 on June 26, 2015, 08:24:11 PM
i love how the SUSHI BOX is hidden at the end in the written out pi. so cool.

Thanks ;D you can also see VOL GAIN and TONE, as well as BIG MUFF PI hidden in there. The letters are red so they stand out a bit better, but only when caught in the right light  ;)
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

vigilante397

Another engraved one I did a couple weeks ago, this is (yet another) Rebote 2.5. Obviously not a tape delay, but I like putting the tape on top to make people think of that :P Labels are a little off center, but otherwise a very satisfactory pedal. 8)

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

statzern

Finally finished my first etched enclosure. Turned out pretty good, couple little boo-boos where my masking was not good enough. Anyway, main thing is it sounds awesome. It's a version of GGG's late 60s fuzz face, with charge pump and AC128's. Really wooly sounding. It's a belated gift for my dad for Father's Day. Hope he digs it!

duck_arse

nice first post, statzern, welcome to the forum.
the circuit output is not the input. the reverse holds true for the circuit input.

Jdansti

Welcome statzern! Nice gift for Dad!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

tubegeek

Speaking as a father, there isn't even the slightest chance he won't dig it. Awesome present!
"The first four times, we figured it was an isolated incident." - Angry Pete

"(Chassis is not a magic garbage dump.)" - PRR

deadastronaut

cool first post and first etch...nice prezzie.. 8)

welcome.. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

rocket8810

agreed. and i love that it says "By Odin's Beard." absolutely awesome.

Trippy Demon

Quote from: darron on June 15, 2015, 07:14:52 AM
most people use printer of some sort. i haven't seen a hand-drawn etch here for years i don't think.

I did some handdrawn etches, think I'll do some more when I finally find a new home/workshop

statzern

Thanks everyone. I am getting ready to do my second one. Upping the complexity, hoping for the best. Will post when done!

mfunky

Axis Fuzz enclosure. Amz mini boost.

mfunky

Done.