SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

Hexjibber

My latest, it's a Catalinbread SFT on Fuzzdog Ampegulator board. Runs at 18v thanks to onboard charge pump, this circuit really comes into it's own at 18v for my money!

First go at trying a two tone paint job, pretty happy with the results if I do say so myself! :)

Cheers!

lars-musik

Quote from: Hexjibber on November 21, 2015, 05:46:16 AM

That looks great! What kind of colour is that? How did you sand it down (still the 1200 grit and sanding block from the link in your signature)?

vigilante397

• SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Pettol

Love it Graham! Really inspiring!

Have got to get my work bench up again.

Motherslug

awesome topic, I really enjoy watching it.

here are some of pedals I've etched:

peterg

Motherslug

Welcome to the forum. Nice etches!

Hexjibber

Quote from: peterg on November 22, 2015, 05:52:55 PM
Motherslug

Welcome to the forum. Nice etches!

What he said! :) Great work man, love the designs!

Pettol

Great etches Motherslug! Love the echotapper.

dminner

I just kinda lurk on this forum from time to time, but never noticed this thread before!!!  So much awesome in this thread!  I LOVE this one, I need to try yellow in the future!

Quote from: lars-musik on September 25, 2015, 05:54:42 AM
Here's my newest pedal: A Timmy with an unlabelled switch for a feedback arrangement found here and the internal dip switches externalised.

Here are a few of my etches, some of my favorites:

davent

Dminner, pretty mind boggling to see a bunch of them together in one place, all at once...

Great designs, super execution!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

vigilante397

Quote from: dminner on December 04, 2015, 01:26:20 PM
Here are a few of my etches, some of my favorites:

:icon_eek: Your favorites just became my favorites. Really excellent stuff, thanks for posting!
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

garcho

bravo! i love seeing variations on a theme
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

duck_arse

the standard of "first-post pedals" has shot through the roof, lately, in most threads.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

peterg

Dminner - great etches! What are the circuits?

mcknib

You beat me to it DA the standard just keeps getting higher and higher

I'd better work on my technique before I post anything else! think I'll maybe ditch the felt tips

Some of these beasts are way better than production pedals the details are fantastic

Dminner your work is stunning give us some details please of how you get the different colours looking so great very very original even down to your LED selection, how long does it take you to get them looking so good?

I'm assuming those square LED's on the Ugly Arcadian are actually round underneath the lens?  I've been trying to find jewel lens LED's small enough for pedals where do you get yours?

dminner

Thanks guys.

I can really only take full credit for the enclosure etching/design work/led/knob combos.  All the builds were done in collaboration.  I am not much of an electronics guy...I have only built one full pedal by myself...While the pedal fired up right away I found the whole electronics experience really stressful and too much like work and not fun haha.  I realized I just prefer the art component to pedal building so I lurk around this forum and others to find circuits that I want built and then find electronics people to collaborate with (i.e., I build two enclosures, they load them both, and they send me one back).

This is the only one I have actually built solo:

To answer your questions,

peterg: The circuits on the ones in the pics are as follows:
-the blue and black will house echo benders
-the "plague" is a boost>rat>musket. AWESOME
-the red and black "wave controllers" are for voodoo vibe circuits
-the baby blue and black is a DBA evil filter clone and the black and splatter pink are for fredrik's guitar synth circuit
-the army green and black "Faultline activators" are megalith clones
-the "black hole" is a foxx tone machine
-the "robotic transmitter" is a DBA robot clone
-the "interstellar reverberator" is a grind customs tenebrion
-the "ugly arcadian" is an arcadiator into a grind customs machette
-and the "Dirt Controllers" are a bluesbreaker into a supro

I have worked with people to build lots more but didnt want to bombard the etch thread so I just posted pics of a few new ones and some old favorites :)

mcknib:
-yeah the squares are fresnals from mouser.  5mm leds clip inside.
-As far as the two colors...it is just tedious.  I try to do deeper etches with those.  I mask the more normal shapes and fill in the more abstract shapes by hand.

dbp512

Dminner, we're not gawking at the electronics inside, just the beautiful etchings. Screw my education, my new priority in life is to get good enough at building to collaborate with you on something. I really don't know which one I like the most, maybe the interstellar, but I do like the signal booster too.
Dave's not here, man

On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio
- Hunter S. Thompson

garcho

QuoteAll the builds were done in collaboration.

wish more of this happened around here, bravo!
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

dminner

Quote from: garcho on December 05, 2015, 12:28:09 PM
QuoteAll the builds were done in collaboration.

wish more of this happened around here, bravo!

When I started doing them i tried here too, but havent got a lot of takers here...mostly madbeaners and people from the I love fuzz forum.