News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocket8810

man, haven't been on to check out peoples builds, let alone build something never for myself to make a new enclosure. there's some amazing work guys. now i've got to get my ass in gear and do something new for me and get to designing. seriously can't say enough about how good all the work above is.

DK1

My first complete pcb design. A green ringer. Note, the pcb has one broken trace and and error that I had to fix manually... But once I got those jumpers in, it worked great! Laid it out to fit the box, still ended up pretty tight because I forgot to take into account the lid.

And yes, this is etched. I primered in white, painted green, then sanded it down to give it a worn look. I really enjoy the way it turned out.

edy_wheazel

Please delete, double post.

edy_wheazel

hylandren

Nice build, DK1. I am not to the point where I can do my own PCB yet.
I am urious: What are you using to hold the enclosure up while spraying it ?

DK1

Quote from: hylandren on March 18, 2017, 12:11:43 PM
I am curious: What are you using to hold the enclosure up while spraying it ?

Those are painter's pyramids. Very handy. You can get a pack of 10 of them off Amazon for under $10. A better investment may be getting the Versaspin turntable with 4 pyramids included for under $20. I wish I'd done that. The turntable would be really handy, and I've never needed more than 4 pyramids at a time.

DK1

Madbean Kraken - Super fun pedal to play around with.

Had probably my best toner transfer ever. Didn't get the mix right, so the etch wasn't deep enough. Bummer.

electrosonic

Etched this BMP about 4 years ago - same source for graphics.

Andrew
  • SUPPORTER

stringsthings

lars-musik

I am damn proud of this King of Tone!

Marcos - Munky

Wow, that's beautiful!

Pettol

That's a very nice etch Lars!

electrosonic

MIDI controller (Arduino based) for a Meeblip Anode monophonic synth.

Andrew.
  • SUPPORTER

GiovannyS10

Quote from: electrosonic on March 31, 2017, 03:31:33 PM
MIDI controller (Arduino based) for a Meeblip Anode monophonic synth.

Andrew.

Hey Andrew! Very good building. Have you any video about this? I would like a lot to see it.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

thomasha

That king of tone looks amazing! Are you using toner transfer to get that kind of result?

I loved that ornament pattern!

lars-musik

Quote from: thomasha on April 02, 2017, 02:29:57 PM
That king of tone looks amazing! Are you using toner transfer to get that kind of result?

I loved that ornament pattern!

Thanks. Yes, that's toner transfer. I came to believe that the quality of the enclosure makes all the difference. I got rotten results with cheapo Eddy Stone enclosures and the King of Tone kind with Hammonds. No different treatment.

DK1

Quote from: lars-musik on April 02, 2017, 03:55:26 PM
Thanks. Yes, that's toner transfer. I came to believe that the quality of the enclosure makes all the difference. I got rotten results with cheapo Eddy Stone enclosures and the King of Tone kind with Hammonds. No different treatment.

What sort of enchant are you using? I'm having trouble getting mine deep enough before the transfer starts to erode. I've been working on some different mixes to try to balance speed and detail without much luck lately.

Benoi31

Quote from: lars-musik on March 30, 2017, 05:39:25 PM
I am damn proud of this King of Tone!

You can be proud! It is gorgeous!
How did you make that color gradient? Looks really nice

lars-musik

Quote from: Benoi31 on April 04, 2017, 02:55:34 AM

You can be proud! It is gorgeous!
How did you make that color gradient? Looks really nice

Thanks, Benoit!

I just used two spray paints successively for the colour gradient. I think both were some acrylic car colours.

By the way: I adore your blog and the pedals you create. And of course that you freely share your findigs! Keep it up!

flanagan0718

Harmonic Transformer clone. Enclosure etched by Dan at A.D.D effects.

Thanks.

-Mike-
Hey guys I'm Mike

My Blog
http://custohmelectronics.blogspot.com/