Main Menu

Etched enclosures

Started by Johnny Lemonhead, July 15, 2010, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadastronaut

love the ufo graphic...cool. 8)
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

lars-musik

Not only small, but etched as well! 4 new liitle ones (two tall and two standard).

vigilante397

Quote from: lars-musik on September 20, 2018, 07:07:15 AM

Excellent builds, as always 8) One of my favorite things about your work is that I can tell it's your work just by looking. You have your own distinct style, and I dig it ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Marcos - Munky

Quote from: deadastronaut on September 20, 2018, 05:49:36 AM
love the ufo graphic...cool. 8)
The graphic was suggested by GiovannyS10. I ran out of ideas and he helped me with this one and the next one I'll finish. The artwork was supposed to have writings for the pots, but I got a bad transfer for two of them and ran out of dryfilm, so I decided to remove all the writings and just keep the graphic.

Lars' builds are amazing looking, as always!

MJ_Sound_Cubed

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

Marcos - Munky

18th build of 2018. Shoot The Moon tremolo. I used a trimpot for the gain pot and added the ramp switch mod from the Tremulus Lune.

125Signal

Aloha! My contribution and first post here. :) A clone of EQDs the Depths. I'm inspired by all of the great etched enclosures I've seen here.

vigilante397

Welcome :) Killer build, really clean etch. Thanks for sharing ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

lars-musik

The tubescreamer and the echo found a new home on a friend's pedalboard – and now I miss them.

Here's a photo of my newest etches before I ruin them (or rather give them the used, vintage look) by spray-painting and drilling.

They will be a Tubescreamer, Prince of Tone, Jon's Snow Day OD, Deep Blue Delay and Bockett Blue Note.

MJ_Sound_Cubed

Quote from: lars-musik on October 01, 2018, 06:20:57 AM
The tubescreamer and the echo found a new home on a friend's pedalboard – and now I miss them.

Here's a photo of my newest etches before I ruin them (or rather give them the used, vintage look) by spray-painting and drilling.

They will be a Tubescreamer, Prince of Tone, Jon's Snow Day OD, Deep Blue Delay and Bockett Blue Note.

Really cool :)

How are you etching your enclosures?

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

MJ Sound Cubed
--------------------------------------------
Community driven website to share your work at soundcubed.com

lars-musik

Quote from: MJ_Sound_Cubed on October 02, 2018, 05:11:15 PM

How are you etching your enclosures?

Hey! After sanding the enclosures (not too much, 400 grain usually) I apply a coat of "Kontakt Positiv 20" UV resist, develope it according to the datasheet and etch it with 24% hydrocloric acid from the DIY Store. If you do this, assure good ventilation as the fumes are quite dangerous!!!

vigilante397

Shameless cross-post from the main pictures thread because I'm proud of how this turned out :P "Pre-Verb," my 6N16B tube-powered BTDR reverb, finally boxed up this weekend.

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

thomasha

Nice one!

How did you cut the small vents?

vigilante397

Quote from: thomasha on October 09, 2018, 02:45:09 AM
Nice one!

How did you cut the small vents?

Thanks :) I have a small (7" x 7") CNC machine that I use for the vents. Takes about 25 minutes and well worth the effort in my opinion ;D
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

michelterres

Dr Boogie I did a while ago.

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

vigilante397

Wanted to double-post this one because I'm excited ;D SMD/submini version of the Soldano Supercharger GTO.

Guts, top and bottom of the board:

• SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

Marcos - Munky

Wow! That's just amazing!

thomasha

This one is really small!
With all that space you could use a 1590a!

It looks like that the only big parts you used are for the SMPS, I guess SMD is the way to go. Are you selling those boards?

vigilante397

Quote from: thomasha on October 30, 2018, 03:10:34 PM
This one is really small!
With all that space you could use a 1590a!

It looks like that the only big parts you used are for the SMPS, I guess SMD is the way to go. Are you selling those boards?

I was thinking about using 16mm pots, but the 9mm did let me keep it nice and small. I do 100% SMD designs for work and it's made me appreciate the space savings. Plus I like being able to fit just about anything comfortably into a 1590B, no 1590A's for me though ::)

And I guess if anyone wants a board I could sell them? I have 10 extras  :P Plus I think this is the first board I've done that I didn't make a mistake on ::) Maybe I'll throw a For Sale post together when I get home to unload the ~50 surplus boards I have lying around.
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com